Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Pop Century Question-The Side That Never Opened in the Ask The Experts forums; I was just over on Microsoft Virtual Earth doing a little virtual sightseeing (not cleaning house) and I flew around over the Pop Century Resort area and I have a ...
    Disney Cat Mom is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Pop Century Question-The Side That Never Opened

I was just over on Microsoft Virtual Earth doing a little virtual sightseeing (not cleaning house) and I flew around over the Pop Century Resort area and I have a question about the side that I think was going to be the classic years. It looks like some of the buildings might have been built and then torn down because you can still see the T-shaped footprints but no buildings. Is that what happened? I just can't over what a waste that all seems. I'm not able to post a link yet, sorry.

Flanagan is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Those are the foundations for buildings that were never erected. This has been discussed on this and other Disney boards at length, and there are no real answers as to why they stopped or if there are any future plans to complete the project. The official word from Disney was that it was halted due to a decline in tourism after 9/11, but Disney World continues to see record popularity and the timing is suspect. It's disheartening to look at, and truly an outstanding blemish on Disney.

Now reach under your seat and pull out those 3D glasses...

Just kidding, this isn't a 3D presentation.