Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss A few ?'s for my september trip in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi everyone! I'm new to the boards but not to Disney! I'll be going for my 10th(i think) trip in September, staying at the beach club for 5days, and have ...
    MinneTinK is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking A few ?'s for my september trip

Hi everyone! I'm new to the boards but not to Disney! I'll be going for my 10th(i think) trip in September, staying at the beach club for 5days, and have a few questions.

1. I'm traveling with my boyfriend who hasn't been to Disney since he was 9 and doesn't remember much so any advice on how to make him love it as much as I do would be appreciated.

2. We signed up for Magical Express, our flight lands in Orlando at 10am, and we depart at 6pm later in the week, is this the way to go or should we just get a taxi?

3. Signed up for the dining plan but was dissappointed when many of my favorite places to eat were already booked solid (coral reef, teppan edo) do you think there is anyway to get into these places?

4. It will be my birthday(22)!!!!!! so anything you can tell me about celebrating in WDW would be great! Thanks so much!!!!
    Alexis

Laughter is America's most important export-Walt Disney

herodrx1 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I would think that if you make sure and SLOW DOWN while you are there you will have time to let your bf "find" the magic of Disney. Show him some of the secrets around the parks. Leave a few for him to discover by himself. I always love to watch my family find the little things, even if I have to steer them toward finding them.
    As for the food, make sure and check while you are there. They may get some openings.
    I've not done Magical Expresss. We always have felt that getting a towncar was worth the time savings over ME. Plus you feel like the magic has started the moment you get off the plane!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    MinneTinK, when you get a chance introduce yourself over on the Introduce Yourself board What I would do to help get your boyfriend more into it is maybe order one of the free vaction videos from Disney and also buy a good guidebook (I like the Passporter, but there are many out there), also Lou's trivia book would give him some fun facts and some insight to the "world". Also if you think he would like to look for hidden mickeys while there then there is Steve Barrett's book and website that would be fun, you can print pages off his website.Hidden Mickeys Guide : A Field Guide to Walt Disney Worlds Best Kept Secrets
    Personally, I've never done Magical Express, but some of my family members have and they love it, of course that's probably because it is saving them alot of money that they can spend in the parks
    That time of year is difficult to get ADR's because it's during free dining, my only advice to you is to keep checking back and on the day of either call or walk up to the restaurant of choice and see if they have availability (look really hungry)
    don't forget to get a Birthday pin at City Hall or guest relations in the other parks and wear it proudly, nothing is guaranteed but anything is possible
    Last edited by GIOny; 07-21-2008 at 11:05 AM.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I love Magical Express. I like the fact we don't have to worry at all about our luggage and the waiting times were not too bad for us and we were the 4th stop on the drop off. Loved it (didn't use it in May and had to deal with late luggage, getting rental, and just the mess of it all- ME is the way when staying on property IMHO)

I agree that you should relax and go slow drinking in the atmosphere and the music. I am amazed at how beautiful that background music is. Listening to crickets (fake ones even!) is so relaxing. I really like it. Or you can run around going from ride to ride - eating snacks while watching people go by can also be fun.

Enjoy your trip! Stop by Guest Services (or at your resort) for a birthday button. It makes it fun to have people stay Happy Birthday to you.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Wow, this sounds amazing. Maybe, for the restaurants you can try wlaking in at off peak times and see if you can get seated. Try reading him the abbreviated version of the Walt Disney story, that always fascinates me (and has helped my DH understand the whole WDW concept) to get him interested, then point out some of the neat touches that contirbute to "WDW Immersion Entertainment". Hope that helps, have a great time and we will look forward to a trip report.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post

I agree that you should relax and go slow drinking in the atmosphere ...

i agree... drink slowly... around the world!

MinneTinK is offline A-Ticket holder

Wink night life?

thanks for the great advice everyone! another question that I forgot was suggestions for nightlife. We will be there the week before PI closes, so I would def. like to check it out(never done pi before only dtd) we have the park hopper+waterparks and more ticket so i think that includes some pi stuff, im not sure but anything you can tell me would be great thanks!
    Alexis

Laughter is America's most important export-Walt Disney

herodrx1 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf View Post
    i agree... drink slowly... around the world!
    very funny!! Also very good advice!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    When you arrive at a park where one of your restaurants is located, check at the desk to see what times may have come available. Some people book reserved seating and then find that their plans have changed. Be as flexible as you can and you may find that you'll get into some of your choices. We find that if we have a late lunch/ early dinner we can snack a bit till it's time for our big meal. We walked right into Yak and Yeti a couple of weeks ago.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

o8catrina8o is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Hey first off have a great time ill be there for the college program yay Maybe Ill see You there anyway to ur questions

1. i would def make sure u both do a character meal for him and make it spechial u know or have din at california grill

2. DEF MAGICAL EXPRESS SAVE THE $ FOR FUN STUFF

FOR UR BDAY MAKE SURE U WHERE THE BDAY PIN U GET AT GUEST RELATIONS AT MK OR AT UR HOTEL, TELL THE RESTURANTS ITS UR BDAY BEFORE HAND LIKE CALL DISNEY DINING AN D TELL THEM THEY WILL MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS PERFECT, AND WHEN U MEET A CHARACTER TELL THEM ITS UR BDAY ALSO CAST MEMBERS ARE THERE U MAKE THIS SPECHIAL FOR U SAY SOMETHING OR WHERE A BDAY HAT

HAVE A GREAT TIME <3
    1993 - Dolphin
    1995- Aunt House
    1997- Off Site
    1999- Off Site
    2000- Coronodo Springs
    2002- Port Orleans and All Star
    2003- Off Site
    2004- Off Site - Christmas Time
    2005- Pop Century -Christmas Time
    2005 -Carribean Beach - DIsney Wonder
    2005- Disneyland- Spring Break
    2006- Pop Century - Halloween
    2006- Polynesian - My High Graduation
    2007 - Pop Century
    2007- All Star Sport- Christmas TIme
    2008 - Port Orleans
    2009 - Disney Land

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    for my brother's 13th birthday we got him a happy bday pin and we also asked Four for a Dollar to sing to him as a magical moment before the Beauty and the Beast stage show!! i just went up to the CM EARLY before the show we wanted to go to and said i was wondering if you could ask Four for a Dollar to ask m y brother to come up for this perfomances magical moment its his 13th birthday and he loves them!! she thought i was the best big sister ever and you get great seats up close and front and a free CD!!!!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12