Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Can you rate these books? in the Ask The Experts forums; I am thinking of buying some of these books for Disney (*sigh* it's a long way from Lil' Rhody to WDW!) Can you rate them and tell me a little ...
    Toad's Buddy is offline Fastpass Holder

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Sorry, haven't heard of any of those. I would bet the Mouse Machine book would be very interesting though.

vDunninger is offline A-Ticket holder
    The Gabler book is excellent; the most detailed and authoritative biography on Disney yet. Describes in great detail not only the creative genius of the man but the personal challenges and disappointments he endured during his career. If you want to maintain the pristine image of Disney the man most of his Sunday night TV show viewers are familiar with, then I don't recommend this book. If you truly want to know the man and come to respect him for his shortcomings as well as his significant accomplishments, this is the book.

1998, 2002, 2005, 2008, 2009 - Wilderness Lodge
    2000 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2007 - Beach Club Resort (YOMD concierge winner!)
    2008 - Polynesian Resort
    2009 - Disneyland Hotel (WWYC vacation winner!)
    2010 - Grand Floridian Resort
    2011 - DLR Paris & Disney Magic 7nts Med
    2012 - Old Key West Resort

Thanks vDunnuinger! I have read many a biography on Walt, but none really go into much detail about him... I'll check it out. Anyone else want to rate?
    Have a Great, Big, Beautiful Today!

Toad's Buddy

"No more Laserdiscs for you, Grandpa!"

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Here's my review of the Queue Line book: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/Boo...Guidebook.html

and The Disneylands that Never Were: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/Boo...ever-Were.html

I have some of the other ones you list, or at least some by the same authors. I'll echo the previous poster's view on the Gabler biography. Very detailed.

Jeff Kurtti's books have been excellent. The one you've listed has been on pre-order for a while now. Disney's publishing dates tend to be very, um, random.

David Koenig also wrote the Mouse Under Glass, Mouse Tales, and More Mouse Tales books. They are good but tend to show the "dark side" of the mouse more. He's a writer at MousePlanet. Kevin Yee, maybe even a bit more so. He writes at MiceAge. I have a few of his trivia books, and they are okay but not at the same level as Lou's.

The Mouse Machine is the only one I know nothing about - time to place an Amazon order
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I am currently reading the Gabler text. I am greatly enjoying it! I haven't even gotten to the part when they have begun work on Snow White yet but I have learned so much about the process.

It is a rather large book so it might be a bit bulky if you are driving or flying. It gets heavy pretty quick (well for me anyway)

Thanks everyone! I am heading to the bookstore now to check out some of these! Keep posting your reviews, because I would like to get a general concensus!
    Have a Great, Big, Beautiful Today!

Toad's Buddy

"No more Laserdiscs for you, Grandpa!"