Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Walkway Bricks :question: in the Ask The Experts forums; I need help!!!! My wife and I hoeymooned at WDW in 1996 and purchased a brick to be put into the walkway around Bay Lake. When we went back to ...
    dwieser is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Walkway Bricks :question:

I need help!!!! My wife and I hoeymooned at WDW in 1996 and purchased a brick to be put into the walkway around Bay Lake. When we went back to WDW in April this year, we tried to look for our brick. We were told to go to City Hall because they have a listing of brick locations. Both of castmembers that we asked gave us an excuse about software in the computer being down and then handed us a phone number to call. The number was for the company that installed the walkway. Calls to the company only led to a voicemail that did not get answered until we returned home. Needless to say, but we are still wondering whether or not our brick is in the walkway. Is there any way to find the brick? Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Please help!!!!

Dave

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Had you ever seen your brick before or was this the first time you'd tried to look for it? I'm asking because they haven't moved obviously. If you've never seen your brick before, asking at City Hall should've been the right route to go but with the myriad of system upgrades Disney is doing this year, it wouldn't shock me that their software was down. Still I'm not sure what sort of list the company that installed the walkway would have. You might try calling Disney at 1.800.362.4533 to see if they can help. That is/was the number to order bricks I believe.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Your brick should still be there. When we went looking for it they gave us a paper with a map on it. Maybe try calling again. The first letter (I believe the letter is first) tells you where the brick is located (C-Contemporary walkway, etc.) Hope this helps!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Don't go to city hall - ask at the Guest Relations off to the right just before the ticket scanners. That's where I had to find out the location of my brick, because my location code (the first three characters they give you tell the approximate area) did not actually seem to exist.

I was one of the relatively few lucky people who managed to get a brick last year when the program was re-opened for a short time to full in some of the blank spots. I now have, to my knowledge, the only brick rotated 180 degrees from the surrounding bricks. Now THAT is a scavenger hunt for people..."Find the brick in the Walk Around The World that is upside down..."
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

MagicMom is offline C-Ticket Holder
    It is my understanding that a brick can be removed if it becomes damaged, but I would think you would be notified if that happened. I am sure Disney would want to see if you wanted to BUY a replacement!

I never had trouble finding my brick. I never got a map for it, but I was told that if I had any questions to go to guest services outside of the park.

Doconeill, where is that brick?? I would LOVE to visit it and put it on our hunt for this year!

It's on the walkway between the Poly and the TTC. It is a relatively short walkway, so it should be easy to find.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

Sallyb5 is offline A-Ticket holder
    They should bring the bricks back and do them at epcot.....loads better than those tiles that seem to have been a mistake....they don't already have the bricks at Epcot do they?

Our block is just next to a poster marquis at the bottom of the monorail exit ramp to the MK. We visit it every trip. I put a call in to my aunt who bought us the brick as a wedding gift. I am going to see if she got a map and never gave it to me!
    Last edited by MagicMom; 08-22-2008 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks Doc! I put it on our scavenger hunt for our November trip. I will be sure to give it a visit!

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Can you still get bricks?
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    Can you still get bricks?
    No, although it has been rumored that they _might_ open the fill-in program again, but that is just a rumor.
    Doc