Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Blizzard Beach Closed in October??? in the Ask The Experts forums; I am going to Disney in October nd a few weeks ago i looked at the operation updates and it said that Blizzard Beach was open. I just checked today ...
    rollecoasterfan is offline A-Ticket holder

Blizzard Beach Closed in October???

I am going to Disney in October nd a few weeks ago i looked at the operation updates and it said that Blizzard Beach was open. I just checked today and it said that BB is closed from oct 1-25. Does anyone know why it is closed, is it just because its the off season, is there any chance that it will be open? I dont mind going to typhoon lagoon, but the slides at BB seem to pop out at me more.
    What would the world be like with out WDW??

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Somebody just posted about this yesterday: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...le-change.html

Typhoon Lagoon is going to have to close for a much longer than normal refurbishment, so they bumped the regular closing of Blizzard Beach earlier.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Yes it is the off-season and they do refurbish it for the upcoming summer season. Usually it's closed during Christmas time but last year was the first year we saw it open while we were there.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

rollecoasterfan is offline A-Ticket holder
    I guess we'll be going to Typhoon Lagoon theb
    What would the world be like with out WDW??

allie cat is offline C-Ticket Holder
    No worries, Coasterfan...
    The two water parks are somewhat similar, and you will have a great time at Typhoon Lagoon... a nice little perk there is an area where you can swim with sharks! You won't miss out on a whole lot, other than the massive speed slide at BB and the associated "wedgie" - and you can always have that to save for next trip. Might be just a bit cool in October, though the waterparks are certainly do-able... if the weather doesn't play nice you can always have a back up plan for the day like Disney Quest, etc. Have a great trip!

Bubba88 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Just remember that if it is a hot a day and your heading to the water park, you might see a bigger crowd at Typhoon Lagoon than normal due to only one water park being open. Get there early to get a spot, plus after noon time it can really get packed if it's every hot outside. Good luck and have a blast, Typhoon's wave pool will make worth it.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    I noticed that too that it was going to be closed for a month... Strange?!!

At least we still get to go before it does close!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney