Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party ? in the Ask The Experts forums; Hey everyone, I'm going down to Disney 11/14-21st and on the 16th they are having a Christmas party then, I went in 06 but I know they have updated since ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Question Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party ?

Hey everyone, I'm going down to Disney 11/14-21st and on the 16th they are having a Christmas party then, I went in 06 but I know they have updated since then. The price is $48.95 plus tax, anyone know how much the tax is? And how has it been updated, besides the castle lights? The Castle is the main reason I'm going to the Christmas party . I'll be going by myself to the party, my mom and dad don't want to go since they went already in 06. Like I said I want to see how they changed it and I want the perks of getting a Christmas party pin and tee shirt . Anyhow.... thanks for any advice!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Not sure the answer to most of your questions but last I knew sales tax was 6.5% there.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story youre immersed in. - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from OJoe

thanks Jenn!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

GoofyGuy is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I'll also be going down the same time and going to the Mickey's Christmas Party. Can anyone explain exactly what to expect because I've never been to one of the special parties at MK. Parades? Fireworks? Food? I noticed Tiffany mentioned T Shirt & Pin., I didn't know that either...? Any help? Or are they surprises because I don't want to ruin any magic for my daughter (2 yrs) or Wife.

Thanks Rick
    February 1997 - Off Property
    October 1999 - Off Property
    November 2000 - Off Property
    November 2001 - All Star Music
    November 2002 - All Star Music
    November 2003 - All Star Movies
    November 2005 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    October 2007 - Pop Century Classic Years
    November 2008 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2010 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2012 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2013 - All Star Music

As far as the pin and t-shirts go get them right when they put them out or forget about it. There are usually limited numbers available for each night. And the pin you can only get at the pin store on MS. Most people get in line for it before the party starts to make sure they get one.

Make sure to get your hot chocolate and cookies throughout the night. Last year I took a baggie and stocked up on cookies and took them back to the room. They were good. I believe they also had apples or grapes for the kids.

And don't forget about the snow on Main St.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyGuy View Post
    I'll also be going down the same time and going to the Mickey's Christmas Party. Can anyone explain exactly what to expect because I've never been to one of the special parties at MK. Parades? Fireworks? Food? I noticed Tiffany mentioned T Shirt & Pin., I didn't know that either...? Any help? Or are they surprises because I don't want to ruin any magic for my daughter (2 yrs) or Wife.

Thanks Rick
    We loved it the first time we went and this year its updated so were going again, lighter crowds and faster wait times for rides. It get's you in the mood for the holidays! I can't wait to go this year! Have fun and make the most out of it!

We were right at the Christmas Shop in Fantasyland/ liberty square when they put out the T Shirts and Sweatshirts. Got ours and put them on lol, then we made sure we went to the Frontierland pin trading station and got our christmas pins there. They different pins for each party night, the night we went they had Stitch. But like lori says you need to be there as soon as they put them out! They go fast! I'm sure they sell the shirts in Main Street shops too, I saw them there to.

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    As far as the pin and t-shirts go get them right when they put them out or forget about it. There are usually limited numbers available for each night. And the pin you can only get at the pin store on MS. Most people get in line for it before the party starts to make sure they get one.

Make sure to get your hot chocolate and cookies throughout the night. Last year I took a baggie and stocked up on cookies and took them back to the room. They were good. I believe they also had apples or grapes for the kids.

And don't forget about the snow on Main St.
    Cookies and Hot apple cider, apples, apple juice, and Hot Chocolate. Cookies and apple cider was great! lol
    Last edited by lilo88; 09-02-2008 at 07:40 AM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Now my parents are going with me lol, I don't think my mom wants me to go by myself and we will already be in the park that night so it would be stupid not to go! So she's paying the trip off TODAY!!!! and she's buying our tickets for the party!! Very Excited!!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I went to Mickey's Not-so-scary Halloween party this year and it was the best part of our trip, mostly because of the low crowds. I've heard stories from SO many people about there being so many people at the Christmas party that they couldn't even get down Main Street. Has this changed? If not, there is no way I'm taking my 5 year old!
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by hgraber View Post
    I've heard stories from SO many people about there being so many people at the Christmas party that they couldn't even get down Main Street. Has this changed? If not, there is no way I'm taking my 5 year old!
    I've never been, but since I will be going to MVMCP in December, I did some research about it and read through some reviews on allears.net. The readers' reviews were extremely mixed as to their perceptions of the crowds. For example, several times in my reading, I would read 2 different reviews from people who went on the same night - 1 person would say that it was crowded beyond belief and the other would say that it was very enjoyable with low crowds. My guess is that the people who thought the crowds were "unmanagable" expected that, since it is a limited-ticket event, they would be one of the only people in the park.

So, I will go to the party expecting moderate crowds and will allow a little extra time to get to where I need and I think I will have a great experience. And, of course, you will experience lighter crowds if you go earlier in the season and/or go on a weekday. Hope you have a great trip!
    ~Ashleigh

We had low crowds when we went in 06. Were going on a Sunday night this time so it shouldn't be so crowded. There were a lot of people but they were spread out enough that you couldn't really tell.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by hgraber View Post
    I went to Mickey's Not-so-scary Halloween party this year and it was the best part of our trip, mostly because of the low crowds. I've heard stories from SO many people about there being so many people at the Christmas party that they couldn't even get down Main Street. Has this changed? If not, there is no way I'm taking my 5 year old!
    If they couldn't get down Main Street it was probably because everyone was staking out a place for the early parade. Thus making it look very crowded.

Also it could have been a Friday night party and those are generally more crowded because that is when the locals go see it.

Best night I would say is Sunday.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

j.gregston is offline A-Ticket holder
    Are these t-shirts and pins free for VMChristmas party goers? Or do you have to pay for them and they only have them out at the party? Best places to get them again?

Thanks, we go Dec 2!!!!

Nope, you have to pay for them. And they only put them out after they have cleared the park of the other non paying party guest. We got our tee shirts in Liberty square at the Christmas shop there. They also have them on main street.

Have a great time!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member