Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Fire Breathing Dragon Question in the Ask The Experts forums; Does any body remember the boat ride that went around Discovery Island in AK? If so do you also remember the fire breathing dragon in the ride, and does anybody ...
    redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder

Question Fire Breathing Dragon Question

Does any body remember the boat ride that went around Discovery Island in AK? If so do you also remember the fire breathing dragon in the ride, and does anybody know if it is still there. I would love to see it again. Thanks.
    -Zac

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Quote Originally Posted by redheadbrown View Post
    Does any body remember the boat ride that went around Discovery Island in AK? If so do you also remember the fire breathing dragon in the ride, and does anybody know if it is still there. I would love to see it again. Thanks.
    Are you referring to the Electric Water Pageant that happens at night?

Electrical Water Pageant
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

No, there was a dragon along the river in Animal Kingdom. That was a good picture you found though. By the way welcome to the boards.
    -Zac

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Quote Originally Posted by redheadbrown View Post
    No, there was a dragon along the river in Animal Kingdom. That was a good picture you found though. By the way welcome to the boards.
    Ah, I read Discovery Island and I instantly thought of the old one, not AK

I do remember the boat ride, but the boat ride itself is long gone. I can't remember a dragon along the way - I remember very little of the details of it.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

ghasty is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Found some pictures of the old cave over here
    http://members.tripod.com/~SaitoNews/minniem.html
    Never got to see it from the boat myself
    ---
    Gary M. Hasty
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney

Great picture. Thanks.
    -Zac

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Man isn't AK a little young to have extinct attractions?
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

I talked to an AK CM and she said that one of the reasons that they closed this ride, other than not many people road the ride, was that it would get so HOT in the summer time that the bottom of the Cast Member's shoes would acually start to melt. Now a few of you are sitting at your computers going "Come on, that can't happen.", but I live in the panhandle and it gets really hot here, so if it is 95 degrees on average in the summer seven hours away from Disney, I don't know how they don't all pass out from the heat.
    -Zac

BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program
    It actually was suppose to be the beginning of stage 2 of AK which was suppose to have the beastly kingdom. where mystical creatures where real and actually the fire breathing Dragon in the cave only spit out a fire ball never actually seeing the dragon itself. I rode it when AK still had the ride and i was 9 or 10 and I thought was the worst ride disney has done but it was cool that they kept u busy by bringing small animals on board. and there is a youtube vid of this ride

YouTube - Discovery River Boats (Disney's Animal Kingdom) Pt. 1 of 2

YouTube - Discovery River Boats (Disney's Animal Kingdom) Pt. 2 of 2
    the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

" we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney