Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Hess Station? in the Ask The Experts forums; I've heard that there is a Hess Station across from the Boardwalk, how easy is it to get to from the Beach Club? Too far to walk...? any advice would ...
    MinneTinK is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Hess Station?

I've heard that there is a Hess Station across from the Boardwalk, how easy is it to get to from the Beach Club? Too far to walk...? any advice would be great, thanks!
    Alexis

Laughter is America's most important export-Walt Disney

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder
    It's literally less than 1/4 mile from the turnaround at the entrance to the Boardwalk and if you're walking to the Boardwalk from the beach club add another 1/4 mile or so. Pretty close.

Here's a link to Google Maps:

from: 28.36952,-81.554947 to: Hess gas station (Boardwalk); 24hr - Google Maps
    Last edited by TestSherpa; 09-12-2008 at 03:07 PM. Reason: adding the link to Google Maps
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Just walk over to the Boardwalk, go through the lobby, come out front and head left.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Agreed...cut through Boardwalk. In fact, I'm not 100% sure there is a pedestrian walkway under the waterway.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Walt Disney World property is not ideally set up for pedestrians
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    There appears to be a walkway to the spot where you need to cross the street, looks do-able to me
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I should've mentioned on the map that the route was just for driving and estimating the distance, not for walking as Google hasn't mapped the walkways. However, you can see in the satelite view some of the walkway options back and forth. And then I'd personally take my chances and jaywalk to the station... but that's a personal choice.

Also, if you've walked from the parking lot of the boardwalk in or out before, it's really not that far.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Quote Originally Posted by nicks10 View Post
    There appears to be a walkway to the spot where you need to cross the street, looks do-able to me
    There are definitely walkways in the area...what I was referring to was walking along Epcot Hotels Blvd. from the Beach Club, which travels under the waterway between Crescent Lake and Epcot. I don't believe there is a walkway there, but I can't verify until next month.

You would have to walk to the Boardwalk Inn - but you may not have to cut through the building at all...you might be able to take a left when you reach the end of BWI and go around the building, but on the other side looks like an access road for maintenance vehicles, so I'm not sure.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Walk around Crescent Lake, over the bridge where the water goes to Epcot, past Seabreeze Point, to the Boardwalk. At the Boardwalk, look for the grassy area between the buildings, next to Flying Fish and make a left. Back there is a set of outdoor stairs that take you up to the Boardwalk Inn's front entrance where the Valet Parking and bell service stands are. You never have to actually enter the Boardwalk Inn. Then you can follow the sidewalk down the right (as you are now facing it) side of the driveway to Epcot Resorts Blvd.

There is boat service between Beach Club and Boardwalk if you want to save some walking, though I'm not sure if it is direct between the two or if it stops at Swan/Dolphin or Epcot first.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder
    It is going to be quite a hike but doable. If you want to get a good idea of how far check out google maps. The hess is on Buena Vista Drive just south east of the boardwalk, very close to the visitor's parking at the Boardwalk.

flutter is offline Moderator
    I'm just curious (read nosey) why you would want to walk to the Hess station?

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    I'm just curious (read nosey) why you would want to walk to the Hess station?
    Probably to stock up on snacks and drinks and stuff. Since it's on Disney property, I wonder if the prices of their snacks are as overpriced as the snacks in the parks....
    ~Ashleigh

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Spodie View Post
    Probably to stock up on snacks and drinks and stuff. Since it's on Disney property, I wonder if the prices of their snacks are as overpriced as the snacks in the parks....
    that's kinda what I was thinking too...while I have got gas at the station didn't go in

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Do they sell Dr Peppers there? That would be the only reason why I would be interested- other than needing gas but then I wouldn't be walking now would I...

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    Do they sell Dr Peppers there? That would be the only reason why I would be interested- other than needing gas but then I wouldn't be walking now would I...
    Nope they don't. They do sell Mr.Pibb which is a similar product
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast