Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Offices above Main St. in the Ask The Experts forums; Just got back from WDW and we wanted to know if there were real, working offices above Main St. USA in the Magic Kingdom. I know all about the names ...
    amy2313 is offline A-Ticket holder

Offices above Main St.

Just got back from WDW and we wanted to know if there were real, working offices above Main St. USA in the Magic Kingdom. I know all about the names on the 2nd floor windows but wanted to know if cast members had offices above the stores on Main St.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Hi amy2313 and Welcome to DWT!!!

When building WDW Imagineers used an architectural trick called "forced perspective" to make buildings look taller than they actually are. They shrunk windows, balconies and even furniture on the second floors and shrunk any third floors even further to achieve the illusion of tall buildings climbing far into the sky.

This was done to create the illusion of full height builldings without actually being closed in by the tall structures. This also allows the Castle to "tower" over the park as a draw to those who enter.

Note the windows above the main floors, and you'll observe the names of many of the men and women who were crucial to the development and operation of Walt Disney World.

So to answer your question... No. There are no offices behind those windows.

Nice to have you here and enjoy the forums.

Last edited by MickeyBabe; 03-18-2005 at 02:17 PM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Actually...

There is a second on-stage story to most of Main Street, behind the "3-story" forced-perspective facades. There are some offices and conference rooms up there for some of park management and operations.

Most of these are "blacked out" from looking out on main street - there's a wall between the facade and the offices, between which is the set dressing. The CMs don't get a view of the park (and can't be seen from on stage).

amy2313 is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks

Thanks for the information - it was exactly what we were looking for.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am
    There is a second on-stage story to most of Main Street, behind the "3-story" forced-perspective facades. There are some offices and conference rooms up there for some of park management and operations.

Most of these are "blacked out" from looking out on main street - there's a wall between the facade and the offices, between which is the set dressing. The CMs don't get a view of the park (and can't be seen from on stage).

Very interesting!

I stand corrected.

Thanks Sam.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    We learn something new every day here, don't we? Gosh, I love this place...not to mention WDW itself!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I always find these threads insteresting and learn so much from everyone! I will have to take a closer look next time I am on Main Street!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

If you do the Keys to the Kingdom tour or Backstage Magic, you may get to go behind Main Street, and there you can see the stairways up to the second story entrance on the back side, offstage..

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Ditto what Sam already said.

dwellspompano is offline B-Ticket Holder
    On my Keys to the Kingdom tour a few years back we actualy went upstairs and saw some of those offices. So I can confidently say YES there are there and no they do not get a view of main street from them.