Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Halloween Party in the Ask The Experts forums; Hey guys, I am going to Disney World in a week!!! yeahhhhh!!! While we are there, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party will be going on three times. I was ...
    lobaugo is offline B-Ticket Holder

Halloween Party

Hey guys,

I am going to Disney World in a week!!! yeahhhhh!!! While we are there, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party will be going on three times. I was just curious if it was worth it to shell out ~50 bucks a person for this? I love the Magic Kingdom and would love to spend more time there. I would also LOVE the Hallowishes. I just wanted to hear what you guys had to say about the party...if it is worth it or just better to skip it.

Thank you!!

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    First of all - I'm so jealous that you get to go in a week! Second of all, do MNSSHP!! Any holiday at Disney World is worth being at - the atmosphere alone is worth it, not to mention the Boo to You Parade, Hallowishes, and the Trick or Treating and everything else! And of course, if you can go on a weekday, the crowds will probably be lighter. Have fun!!
    ~Ashleigh

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I would definitely do the Halloween party. The fireworks and the Boo to You parade are awesome!! Not to mention that you are able to Trick-or-treat all around the park, plus everyone is encouraged to wear costumes. If you go to the Halloween party, you will not be disappointed. Plus the crowds will be smaller than normal, because of the number of tickets that they sell for the parties.
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

marker is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Yes it is worth it.

I just returned from a week long trip with my daughter. Like you I was hesitant to shell out the additional $$$ for MNSSHP, but my daughter convinced me. WE LOVED IT.

To begin with, 5 hours of very low crowd level. The special HalloWishes fireworks show was awesome. We really enjoyed the parade, as much as I am a fan of SpectroMagic, it was a delight to see a different Disney parade. Then there was the trick-or-treating, huge fun for both my daughter and I. Understand, my daughter is 20, and I'm shall we say more than 20, and we went through many candy stops.

In our opinion, it was so totally worth it and we're looking forward to doing it again next year.
    Marker from MO
    ~ Unemployeed software developer looking for next opportunity
    ~ For more info see my home page
    ~ Friend of IASW's Happy Little Dolls (but don't hold that against me)

02/83 off site -- 11/83 off site -- 12/85 DLR --
    07/97 DL -- 08/00 ASMo -- 04/02 CBR --
    05/03 POFQ -- 06/04 DLR -- 07/06 Pop --
    03/07 POR -- 09/07 ASMu -- 04/08 ASSp --
    09/08 Pop -- 09/09 CSR -- 04/10 POR --
    05/10 SSR -- 10/10 CSR
    Next - 12/10 -2 nights SSR, 2 nights VBR (Vero Beach Resort)

lobaugo is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I am kinda in the same situation. I am 22 and I am going with my dad (first time without my mom, its going to be weird! She is staying home to watch our puppies). I think that I will sign us up for the Halloween party. Thanks so much guys!

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Absolutely go to MNSSHP - it is well worth it. A limited crowd, great parade and fireworks. Plus you get see some charectors (meet & greets) you rarely get to see together (Snow White with all 7 Dwarfs, Mickey & Minnie together, many Villians, etc.). We like the short lines and the ability to get everything in the park we LOVE to do in one night. The park has a special feel to it on these nights. ENJOY...we always go in October when we are able to make that trip.
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!