Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss What Will You Celebrate Tour Information in the Ask The Experts forums; Well, that was disappointing. I came home with sleeping beauty temporary tatoos, an "invitation" with an online conest code. They ran out of Disney balloons, i guess this morning, and ...
    Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Well, that was disappointing. I came home with sleeping beauty temporary tatoos, an "invitation" with an online conest code. They ran out of Disney balloons, i guess this morning, and the girl working said she didn't think any characters were gonna be there. Kinda stunk, but Im sure if there were balloons and characters it would be ALOT more fun. Oh well, anyone else go?
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

hms1016 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney2000 View Post
    Well, that was disappointing. I came home with sleeping beauty temporary tatoos, an "invitation" with an online conest code. They ran out of Disney balloons, i guess this morning, and the girl working said she didn't think any characters were gonna be there. Kinda stunk, but Im sure if there were balloons and characters it would be ALOT more fun. Oh well, anyone else go?

Wish I would have known you were there. Here's my review:

Well, here is the update you have been waiting for and it is NOT GOOD. I don't know if this is just a bad experience, but if all the stops are like Pittsburgh I would say do not go out of your way to go. First the Disney website said that the stop would be at the Southside Works. It did not say a time. The only reason I knew the time was because I went to the website for the Southside Works and it said from 4-6. Yesterday I was on DWT and Justin the CMO posted. He mentioned about the tour being in Pittsburgh and he said he thought they would be in downtown at some point during the day in Market Square, which was not posted on the Disney site. I work downtown, but I took the day off because I wouldn't make it back down in time to get to the Southside if I worked today. I take public transporation and I would have had to go home get my car and drive back. Well, I arrived at 4:15 and they were still setting up. There were maybe 10 people in front of me in line. They had computers set up for you to signup and print out your birthday voucher. They handed out an inviation with a code. From what I have heard people have tried the codes that have gone thus far and they are not working. I can't even find where you enter the code. Radio Disney was there and you could spin a wheel and win a prize. I won and it was a Hannah Montana poster and I asked if I could have the temp tatoos that they were giving everyone instead. I began talking to two other adults that were there without children. We were talking to a cast member and asked about the balloons that they were supposed to be giving out. She said that they gave all of them out downtown earlier and they didn't have any left. I was extremely disappointed, not because I needed the balloon, but because I wanted to see the mass of balloons as people were walking around. They didn't advertise the downtown stop, so my feeling was they should have at least saved a 50-100 or whatever amount of balloons for the Southside stop. We then talked to two other cast members and they asked if they could record them asking us "what will we celebrate". We signed a release and they said they will randomly pick people to be on the website. With me luck the only reason they will pick me is because my hair looked bad because I had been running around all day . I took a few pictures and left. The only other thing that I didn't mention was that someone was there on a segway. There were max 50 people there in the 2 hours and I think the fact that the site didn't post the time until today played a role. People were also disappointed because they thought a character would be there. I could have sworn that I had heard that somewhere myself. Well, I wanted to be detailed and I hope if someone goes to another stop they will have a better experience, but for me it was a .
    Walt Disney World
    June 1980 - Off Site
    June 1983 - Off Site
    June 1985 - Off Site
    June 1988 - Off Site
    September 2003 - All Star Music
    September 2005 - Pop Century
    September 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2006 - Pop Century
    May 2007 - Pop Century
    October 2007 - Pop Century
    December 2007 - All Star Music
    May 2008 - Pop Century
    December 2008 - Mousefest - Pop Century
    Disneyland
    May 2005
    June 2007

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder
    You know, I also found out today, They were at Market Square in the morning (knew this) With characters and balloons. Now, does that make sense? Dont even advertise the market square stop and have a big event there, and advertise the South Side Works stop and run out of everything (bad planning imo) But I feel even worse for you and the people who took off work or got all dressed up with their kids and stuff. luckily for me, I made it after school because I got out early for a dentist appt.

If your thinking of going--- make sure you know where the first stop is going to be, and dont bother going to the second.

P.S.-- The codes are to be used when you enter the sweeps on the site. You can enter daily, but only once with the code. i think it's supposed to give you some kind of digital prize. The Invitations were supposed to be on the bottoms of the balloons, hence the little cut marks on the corners.
    Last edited by Disney2000; 10-07-2008 at 08:13 PM.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12