Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Christmas wristband for AP holders in the Ask The Experts forums; Does anyone know the date that WDW will start letting AP holders apply for wristbands for the WDW Christmas Parade. I have missed it the last two years (have gone ...
    Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder

Christmas wristband for AP holders

Does anyone know the date that WDW will start letting AP holders apply for wristbands for the WDW Christmas Parade. I have missed it the last two years (have gone to see the filimng but no wristbands) and if I dont get them this year my DD's will... well lets not even go there

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Sorry, I don't know the answer, but I was wondering if you could explain to me what they actually were. I am a first time passholder this year and my first trip with the AP will be in December, so I was just wondering what this was all about!
    ~Ashleigh

every year on the days they film the Disney Christmas parade they issue wristbands for AP holders for special sections. They do this on line like they di wth the recent Feries premire. There are only so many they issue and its on a first come first serve basis. The first night they offer them by morning they are gone. Last year my Daughters were able to wiggle up enough with out the wristbands to get real close to see Jessica Simpson and the Dancing with the star gang. On the second day they were on street side for the Jonas Brothers so it turn out ok but if I dont get wristbands this year I have had it.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Searching the threads from previous years, I found the link to the production company:
    Lightship Entertainment | An Emmy award winning Orlando, Florida based television production company
    It was posted by another member that the info doesn't come out until about a month before the taping.
    This isn't just for AP holders, it was for everyone. There were also opportunities for DVC members (check on the members site) and watch the passholders site for more info.

Or use the "search" function above, enter "Christmas Parade Taping" and see the past threads for more info.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Thanks for the info Disneynut! However, I don't think that I will want to go anywhere near Disney World on Christmas, so I may have to pass this opportunity up...
    ~Ashleigh

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spodie View Post
    Thanks for the info Disneynut! However, I don't think that I will want to go anywhere near Disney World on Christmas, so I may have to pass this opportunity up...
    The parade taping usually takes place around the first weekend of December, when it is much quieter in the parks.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Flanagan is offline E-Ticket Holder
    The filming this year will be on Friday, December 5 and Saturday, December 6. I tried to book the Keys to the Kingdom tour for that week and those days were unavailable due to the filming.

Now reach under your seat and pull out those 3D glasses...

Just kidding, this isn't a 3D presentation.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    It's always great to see all the guests in shorts, etc. when I'm at home on Xmas with freezing temps and maybe a couple inches of snow on the ground, or worse. I would love to be at WDW on Xmas Day. However, I don't think all the CMs share that feeling.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

Ayhab is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Can someone explain to me how this works?
    Ayhab the Arab
    It's amazing to think that this all started with one little mouse.

Unlike what you see at home the Disney Christmas parade is filmed over a a two day period. The will shoot one section at a time. and they shoot the castle parts on another day. Like last year Jessica Simpson and the Dancing with the Stars segment and Patty Labelle were on Friday then on Saturday they did the Jonas Brothers and other parts of the parade that were shown from WDW parts. It taqkes up most of the day if you watch all the tapings. This can be a good thing if you really dont care becuse lines are kind of thin while all thats going on. As an example I think that the Jessica Simpson part lasted about a good hour at least for the one 3 min song. It was misty and cold they had to keep stoping and redoing her hair anyway if you want to be apart be ready to stand alot and take directions they go over and over what it is you are to do while taping is going on. But as far as i am concerend for my girls ages 12 and 16 it has been great so yea Disney and Christmas.

Ooooooooooooooooh dont not go to Disney at Christmas because of the crowds. Its one of the most fantastic times of the year at WDW. Where else does it snow in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneynut57 View Post
    Ooooooooooooooooh dont not go to Disney at Christmas because of the crowds. Its one of the most fantastic times of the year at WDW. Where else does it snow in Florida.
    Christmastime - yes! Christmas Day - not so much. I can't wait to go this December (December 14-21) -it will be our first vacation to WDW during the Christmas season. However, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the parks on Christmas day. Yes, it would be a great place to spend the day, but the fact that they usually reach capacity around mid-morning is something I would rather stay away from. I can't even imagine the crowds...

On the other hand though, I have never experienced this, so it may not be fair to judge quite yet, but has anyone ever been to WDW (specifically, MK) on Christmas Day? What was it like?
    ~Ashleigh