Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Disney World Honeymoon in the Ask The Experts forums; My fiance and I are honeymooning at Disney World. I heard that if you wear the Bride and groom mickey and Minnie ears you sometimes get different things not offered ...
    gcoxua is offline A-Ticket holder

Disney World Honeymoon

My fiance and I are honeymooning at Disney World. I heard that if you wear the Bride and groom mickey and Minnie ears you sometimes get different things not offered to other park goers. Now I am not sure where I heard it or if it is even true. I don't even know what the perks or special offerings are but if anyone knows anything any info would be great.

By the way we will be down there beginning June 19th. It's my first visit.

Whoo hoo.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    i will be there June 12-22 on my honeymoon.. I was also wondering the same thing?? When I made the reservations (w/ my father's credit card.... thanks Dad I'm so spoiled!!) I put that it was a honeymoon.. (on-line reservation) Should I tell them when I check in as well??

I guess we are on our own for this one!!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    mention it when you check in....also call to see if they have the romantic plan they use to

bgboone112 is offline A-Ticket holder
    We are going to Disney world in six weeks for our honeymoon. We are getting more and more excited each day. We did hear that the mickey/minnie ear rumor is true. I wonder what kind of deals you can get? I am not too sure about wearing them everyone I go though....

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The ears are no guarantee of any 'extras' or 'freebies', but it has happened. Some people report getting free deserts at restaurants, a surprise in their rooms, etc. Little things - nothing like a free night's stay. You DO get lots of attention and good wishes from CM and guests.

My brother & SiL didn't get any freebies, but the housekeeping staff had a blast decorating their hotel room with all sorts of towel swans and setting up a display in the room's window with their bride & groom minnie & mickey.

Definitely mention it again at check in. Again, there is no guarantee, but if they don't know it's your honeymoon then nothing will happen for sure. The more people who know, the more chances for magic!

Congratulations to all three happy couples, and to the boards bgboone112 and gcoxua!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    We wore our bride/groom ears the entire trip. I agree with Pat. DH and I got a lot of attention and free cake at the Garden Grill, but we got nothing in our room. It all depends on the CMs you run into. Don't expect too much.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

I cannot wait... it's coming so quick.. I have been so focused on the wedding that I haven't really thought much about our trip. My Aunt Uncle and cousin and her BF will also be down there during the same time as us so we have made a few plans to meet up for a dinner here and a breaskfast there and one night at Pleasure Island. Beyond that it's all about me, my new husband, and a little of that disney magic!!!

Jesusallornone is offline A-Ticket holder

Honeymooning with Mickey!!!

I too am going to Disney for my honeymoon, and when I reserved my room(s) at both hotels, the person on the reservations hotline for Disney, told me to tell everyone I can its my honeymoon, to get special deals, and that she would put it down on special requests so I might get something special, I cant wait to go back to Disney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Gee, I wish I could honeymoon at WDW. Oops, I already did that. Maybe I can have a second honeymoon at WDW! Nope, already did that too. I know, I can have a THIRD honeymoon at WDW. Hey, Mr. iwannabeminnie, I just had the BEST idea!

Congratulations to ALL of you! May your new lifes be filled with tons of happiness and lots of pixie dust. Remember, a marriage is only as good as YOU make it! Understanding, compassion, and compromise will go a long way! Hugs, kisses, and wishes going to you all!
    They call me "Nana"

I went last month on my honeymoon and though we did not get anything in our room except for the congratulations from the CM checking us in... We did however get a discount at World of Disney (15%) off a 350 dollar bill was nice... and we set off the fireworks at Pleasure Island... That was interesting standing on stage in front of all those people.. trying to hide the fact that I just had about 6 too many Hoopla's and a few too many shots...