Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Peak Seasons? in the Ask The Experts forums; So I am planning on going to Disney during the first week of March and I've noticed that between the middle of February through the end of March is considered ...
    Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder

Peak Seasons?

So I am planning on going to Disney during the first week of March and I've noticed that between the middle of February through the end of March is considered one of Disney's "peak seasons." The resort room rates are the second highest prices of the year (behind the holiday rates). Now, I can't for the life of me figure out why this is. The only thing I can think of is Spring Break, but even then, I thought that most grade school spring breaks happened at the end of March through April - not in February and early March.

Can anyone shed a little light on this? Is it really crowded during this time?
    ~Ashleigh

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Spring Break is the biggest reason.
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

lobaugo is offline B-Ticket Holder
    College spring breaks vary from about the beginning of March until almost April.

Regardless...its Disney. You're going to have a great time no matter what!

Have fun planning!

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Massachusetts schools traditionally got a week in February (President's Day week?) and a week in April. I think some have switched to a spring break model (one week in March, get out earlier), but not all of them.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm not sure why this is either! I went to Disney this past year over the first week in March and the crowds were not bad at all. In fact, we said it was such a nice time to go, that we would do it again. It was only after that, that I saw we were actually there during what was considered "peak" time!

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I think maybe about 3 reasons factor into it.

1) Mardi Gras in Louisiana. Kids get out of school.
    2) Early Spring Breaks
    3) Daytona 500 week and Bike week in Daytona are both about an hour away on back to back weeks.

Even Nascar fans and ****'s Angels like WDW.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Spring break is spread out farther than you probably realize. Many schools don't even have it near Easter.

Stitchgirl1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    The kids get a week off in February here in the UK, also in mid October. That could be a contributing factor - you know how us Brits love Florida!