Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Taking Non-Lethal Weapons to Disney in the Ask The Experts forums; Some of you may have read about the last instance when we went to Disney last month when someone was following us for a good hour and a half on ...
    Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder

Taking Non-Lethal Weapons to Disney

Some of you may have read about the last instance when we went to Disney last month when someone was following us for a good hour and a half on our way home. It really freaked us out, especially since we were all just women in the car at the time. The incident led us to take some safety precautions, one of which included buying a can of Mace that connects easily to our keychains.

Now, I'm probably going to safely say without having to ask, that Disney will probably not let us in their parks if we have Mace in our purses. However, Mace is in a bottle with "contents under pressure" and can explode if left in temperatures above 120 degrees, thus we can't leave the Mace in the car either.

Does Disney have a special place where we can "check in" the Mace with them where they can store it in a safe temperature while we're in the parks, then pick it back up from them for the ride back home? I'm hesitant to do the locker thing due to the money it would cost every time going over there and with the temperature issue.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Put it in your pocket...they don't search your "person" only your bag.
    I've passed through their security with a Leatherman multi-tool that was in my pocket.
    Last edited by elvistelth; 10-22-2008 at 01:30 PM.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorria View Post
    Some of you may have read about the last instance when we went to Disney last month when someone was following us for a good hour and a half on our way home. It really freaked us out, especially since we were all just women in the car at the time. The incident led us to take some safety precautions, one of which included buying a can of Mace that connects easily to our keychains.

Now, I'm probably going to safely say without having to ask, that Disney will probably not let us in their parks if we have Mace in our purses. However, Mace is in a bottle with "contents under pressure" and can explode if left in temperatures above 120 degrees, thus we can't leave the Mace in the car either.

Does Disney have a special place where we can "check in" the Mace with them where they can store it in a safe temperature while we're in the parks, then pick it back up from them for the ride back home? I'm hesitant to do the locker thing due to the money it would cost every time going over there and with the temperature issue.
    If you have a keychain mace I would think Disney Security would let you pass. However, if you have one of those commando size bottles then I think it would be a problem. BTW, if you are ever harrassed in the parks, just tell any CM and they will help you. While the number of plainclothes policepersons is a secret, I have been told there are quite a few in every park and can be on the scene of an incident in a matter of seconds.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property