Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Magical Express Question in the Ask The Experts forums; I was reading the article in another thread and it specifically said the airline you "have" to fly on to get the ME. I'm flying Southwest when I go in ...
    Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!

Magical Express Question

I was reading the article in another thread and it specifically said the airline you "have" to fly on to get the ME. I'm flying Southwest when I go in September and that wasn't mentioned. When I've spoken with Disney travel Reps, no one ever mentioned exceptions to the ME. Any thoughts?

Also, the way Southwest works, you can go online at 12:01 AM the morning of your flight and print out a "boarding pass" to bring with you to the airport. I guess Southwest has general seating. When I am leaving WDW, is it possible to go the the Southwest website to print out my pass? Can someone at the Guest Services Desk be able to go to the website and print it out for me or do I have to find a computer somewhere in WDW?
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle
    I have half the answers to your questions.
    I've never tried printing out boarding passes from home or from the resorts but hopefully someone else can answer that.
    But there seems to be some confusion with what airlines are doing in regards to ME.
    ALL airlines that you are departing from are participating. The only difference is returning, only certain airlines will hold on to your luggage for you and send them off to the airport. Off the top pf my head, I am not sure about Southwest, but I'll try to find the answer and get back to you.
    Hope this helped a little!

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle
    I just checked the list for you.
    You can use ME, flying Southwest, but they can't hold your luggage and send it ahead for your RETURN trip.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    I'm going in Oct and we are Flying Delta Song Out of Newark NJ. I did get the ME option do you know if they have the return option with this airline

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    I'm going in Oct and we are Flying Delta Song Out of Newark NJ. I did get the ME option do you know if they have the return option with this airline
    Yes, Song offers both services- there and back.

Others currently offering both are:
    American Airlines
    Continental Airlines
    Delta
    United
    Ted
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

Thanks for the Feed back

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Just a couple of footnotes to the Magical Express story:

Disney told me it was TSA (transportation security administration) that was preventing more airlines from having the service both ways - that there are security issues and only the currently participating airlines are qualified in some way to handle those issues. (Probably to do with baggage screening)

I wrote to Southwest and received a letter back. They said they are looking into what it will take to be able to offer the service to their customers. If you use Southwest, the more people who write in, the more likely they will do something to get the service. Their address is:
    Southwest Airlines
    Herbert (Herb) D. Kelleher - Executive Chairman of the Board
    Gary Kelly - Vice Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer
    Colleen Barrett - President
    P.O. Box 36611
    2702 Love Field Drive
    Dallas, TX 75235
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

flutter is offline Moderator
    I am planning on using Magical express and am flying SWA I guess I better just use carry on luggage

Quote Originally Posted by flutter
    I am planning on using Magical express and am flying SWA I guess I better just use carry on luggage
    You don't have to, if I understand correctly. It doesn't matter what airline you fly into Orlando on - ALL incoming baggage can go Magical Express. It's just that you can't leave it at the hotel for them to pick up on the way home.

My guess is that you will have to bring your own luggage to the ME shuttle bus, and they will put it in the bus's cargo bin, then you will have to take it when you get off the shuttle at the airport and take it to the regular check-in counter for your airline. I'm sure they will make it all clear by May 5th when ME starts!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    I don't care about carrying my own bag to the shuttle and then to the check-in counter. It's what...ten feet? As long as the All-Star Music Resort will hang on to my bags until the shuttle arrives.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

Bell Services will store luggage at the moderates and deluxe resorts - I'm guessing they will at the values as well. Just remember to tip the bell hop!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    the do also hold your luggage at the values just ask when checking in or out

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I also had a question about ME. (sounds so self centered if you re-read that!!) Anyway... I made my reservations on-line using the ME for departure only (renting a car 1st 4 days) When they say departure time should I have put the time my plane takes off or the time I should leave from the hotel??

I'm doing ME to this October. I'm pretty sure it the time your flight leaves I will check it out for you.

On the reservations phone line, they asked for my flight times. They didn't ask anything about what time I wanted/needed to leave the resort.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)