Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Monorail in the Ask The Experts forums; I ASKED THIS SAME ? IN ANOTHER THREAD BUT I THOUGHT IT MAY BE ANSWERED BETTER AS ITS OWN NEW POST SOO... THE QUESTION IS ABOUT RIDING IN THE FRONT ...
    GUNMETALSCION is offline B-Ticket Holder

Question Monorail

I ASKED THIS SAME ? IN ANOTHER THREAD BUT I THOUGHT IT MAY BE ANSWERED BETTER AS ITS OWN NEW POST SOO... THE QUESTION IS ABOUT RIDING IN THE FRONT MONORAIL CAR , I KNOW THIS CAN BE DONE BUT WHAT ABOUT RIDING IN THE REAR CAR IS IT NOT THE SAME AS THE FRONT ONE ???
    IS IT COMMING OR GOING

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I believe the rear car is literally the same as the front car... meaning it has pilot controls etc. For this reason, since it wouldn't be manned with a pilot, I believe you cannot ride in the rear for fear people would touch the controls. Riding up front you're doing so along with a monorail pilot who can obviously ensure the safety of the passengers by not allowing you to "play" with the controls.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    What Jenn said makes sense. Also, for what it's worth, I've never seen anyone riding in the "back car" of a monorail...but the front car is fun!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Only the Illuminati and members of "Skull n' Bones" are allowed to sit in the rear car. I've seen it occupied once but almost paid the price for witnessing this act. Beware.

Grumpy37 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    Only the Illuminati and members of "Skull n' Bones" are allowed to sit in the rear car. I've seen it occupied once but almost paid the price for witnessing this act. Beware.

Hahahaha

But yeah, I imagine you can't ride there because there is no pilot in there. It serves as the front when the monorail goes the opposite direction, so its exactly like the front. In that case maybe you were sitting in the back and the back was the front since its the same on both ends. I think I just confused myself.

auntiem is offline A-Ticket holder
    In all things in life it is always good to know the front from the back!