Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Ticket Question in the Ask The Experts forums; My family bought 6 10-day no expiration park hopper tickets in Nov 2005. We had to end our trip a few days early so there are 3 days left on ...
    test_track is offline A-Ticket holder

Ticket Question

My family bought 6 10-day no expiration park hopper tickets in Nov 2005. We had to end our trip a few days early so there are 3 days left on each ticket. I know that the finger scans attach all of our identities to these 6 tickets, but my question is can 3 of us use the 6 tickets for a 6 day stay (each person would use 2 tickets)?

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I don't believe (now I'm probably wrong) that the finger scan database covers that period of time. I am pretty sure after awhile it sort of clears but I've never tried. I would think you'd be able to do what you're asking. In theory it makes sense.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    You might be able to. Are there names on any of the tickets? And if so, do they match your names?
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by test_track View Post
    My family bought 6 10-day no expiration park hopper tickets in Nov 2005. We had to end our trip a few days early so there are 3 days left on each ticket. I know that the finger scans attach all of our identities to these 6 tickets, but my question is can 3 of us use the 6 tickets for a 6 day stay (each person would use 2 tickets)?
    I'm afraid that the above 2 responses miss the mark, in my opinion.

The biometric data gleaned from the finger scan absolutely does stay in the database ... the entire process was pretty much created for the non-expiring tickets and not for the base tickets, as there wouldn't be much use for partially-used tickets that expire 14 days from first use.

The names on the tickets wouldn't really matter as much as the fact that the biometric data is what gets "tested" at the turnstile.

In direct response to the OP's question, I don't think you'll have any trouble using the tickets, as long as they were originally purchased together. A large amount of anecdotal evidence from the past 3 years suggests that tickets purchased together "share" the biometric data across all of the tickets ... the theory goes that Disney doesn't want to cause unnecessary delays at the turnstiles when Mom pulls out everyone's tickets and inadvertantly gives some of them to the wrong members of the party. In other words, as long as you are one of the original people from that party, you should have no trouble using another ticket from that party.

HOWEVER, if the scan doesn't work properly, be prepared for them to POSSIBLY ask for ID.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not quite sure how it will work. WHY? Because in November 2005 they were using the "original" biometric scan in which you placed two fingers flat onto a pad, and the data measured was the lengths of bones in those two fingers ... the lengths of the bones were subjected to a mathematic algorithm and the resulting number (unique to 1 in 1,000) was what had to be replicated over and over in order to gain admission. However, beginning some time in 2006, they replaced that type of scan with a 1-finger fingertip scan which looks at a fingerprint and again creates a value based on an algorithm (it doesn't save your fingerprint itself). In other words, the scan they did in November 2005 was done with equipment that is no longer in use, and thus there is nothing for you to try to match. Unfortunately, I don't know if that means they just wave you in, or if it means you must show ID to match the name on the ticket.
    -- Eric