Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Disney World history book in the Ask The Experts forums; Can anyone recommend a book on Disney World history? I'm looking for something that covers the search for property, construction of MK (would love early construction pictures) and just basic ...
    WoodyFan is offline A-Ticket holder

Disney World history book

Can anyone recommend a book on Disney World history? I'm looking for something that covers the search for property, construction of MK (would love early construction pictures) and just basic history of WDW. I've read a few books about Walt Disney. Books about Disney trivia, travel and the like. I'm looking more for WDW oriented book that covers the early days.
    Any thoughts?

thanks

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games
    One of the best books on the making of WDW is Jeff Kurtti's "Since the World Began: Walt Disney World, The First 25 Years." Sadly, it's no longer in print, so you'd have to look for a used copy. Excellent book, with beautiful pictures.
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

WoodyFan is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks, I found a used copy for under $8.

Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by dzneynut View Post
    One of the best books on the making of WDW is Jeff Kurtti's "Since the World Began: Walt Disney World, The First 25 Years." Sadly, it's no longer in print, so you'd have to look for a used copy. Excellent book, with beautiful pictures.
    Agreed.

Check with George over at Imaginerding. He could certainly give you some recommendations.

biblioadonis is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for the shoutout Sonny! The Kurtti book is awesome!

I would also recommend Realityland by David Koenig. David interviewed a ton of people that were involved in the early days of WDW.

You can read my review of the book here:
    Imaginerding: Disney Books, links and more!: Book Review: Realityland by David Koenig

Disney has produced a 10-year guide and a 25-year guide. I reviewed the 10-year guide:
    Imaginerding: Disney Books, links and more!: Book Review: Walt Disney World, The First Decade

Hmmm...there are a few others, too...but I will save those for another time!
    George
    http://www.imaginerding.com

Jeff did our logo...do you like it?

biblioadonis is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Disney World history book

Another great book is the new "The Art of Walt Disney World" by Jeff Kurtti and Bruce Gordon. It doesn't cover as much actual history, but it is one of the most beautiful and amazing concept books on WDW.

It is theme park only and goes for a lot of money on eBay and Amazon. It retails for $50.00 and is a mist-have!
    George
    http://www.imaginerding.com

Jeff did our logo...do you like it?