Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss SpaceShip Earth Update? in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi. My family is going to Disney World this coming March, and i don't remember if the Spaceship Earth renovation of adding the screens to the cars and all that ...
    jbgoldengun is offline A-Ticket holder

SpaceShip Earth Update?

Hi. My family is going to Disney World this coming March, and i don't remember if the Spaceship Earth renovation of adding the screens to the cars and all that is officially put in. I hope it is, and i can't wait 2 hear your answers!
    Who would like Disney just as much as a cute girl? ME! Crazy, ain't i? Well, who cares. If you marry a cute girl and go to work at Disney World when you grow up, then everything is perfect for me.
    Future Disney Imagineer Architectural Designer! Boo Yah!
    Gonna Work There 'Til The Day I Join Haunted Mansion Ghosts and Make It 100 Happy Haunts

favortie parks in order
    1. 2. tie for 3. and
    It's the WEDWay Peoplemover...... I Don't Care What You Say..... It Has Been And Always Will Be....

wdfan is offline Thinking Orange Thoughts
    Yes, the renovations is complete. When I went this last July, it was working.
    WDW Marathon '12
    WDW Goofy '13

GoofyGuy is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Yes, just got back last month, Spaceship Earth is done and updates are very cool. My 2year old daughter loved it. We rode it 4 times during our trip. Once even leaving MK to travel to Epcot just to ride it on our last day, because it was her special request. To ride in the "Big Ball" again.

Have a great time!
    February 1997 - Off Property
    October 1999 - Off Property
    November 2000 - Off Property
    November 2001 - All Star Music
    November 2002 - All Star Music
    November 2003 - All Star Movies
    November 2005 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    October 2007 - Pop Century Classic Years
    November 2008 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2010 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2012 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2013 - All Star Music

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    At the end, be sure to e-mail your postcard back home. I opened it at home, saved it as a file and printed a 4x6 photo for a scrapbook. Also fun to sent to co-workers.

marni1971 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    The ride is open, the descent won`t be fully completed until spring.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by marni1971 View Post
    The ride is open, the descent won`t be fully completed until spring.
    The descent is complete and has been for some time. Nothing more is being added. The idea is to have nothing but your screens to view to keep your attention there.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    The descent is complete and has been for some time. Nothing more is being added. The idea is to have nothing but your screens to view to keep your attention there.
    My thoughts exactly.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    I remember it being stated that Spaceship Earth was to be closed and re-opened in "phases", but it appears that they managed to do the whole thing pretty much in one go and when it reopened it was complete...at least as complete as its getting.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

bamfer23 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Though it isn't nearly as cool as it was when I was a kid, the new descent had me cracking up when I saw the photo of my girlfriend and I. It's definitely an interesting new touch to it

Wanna bet? Wait for spring

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    At the end, be sure to e-mail your postcard back home. I opened it at home, saved it as a file and printed a 4x6 photo for a scrapbook. Also fun to sent to co-workers.
    You mean we could have emailed our pictures from the ride?

Quote Originally Posted by bamfer23 View Post
    Though it isn't nearly as cool as it was when I was a kid, the new descent had me cracking up when I saw the photo of my girlfriend and I. It's definitely an interesting new touch to it
    Yeah, my photos were very entertaining to the rest of my party!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by marni1971 View Post
    Wanna bet? Wait for spring
    I guess you must be privy to information that no one else is. I don't see anything scheduled as of yet to take the attraction down for further work and adding much more to the descent would certainly required some time. So sure... I'll wait and see...
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

thunderman04-07 is offline Annual Passholder
    I know a few people who are CM's there, they said that the project itself is complete for the most part, so i dont see them adding to much more to the descent, if they add anything to it at all......maybe some SFX.
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports
    Pretty good sure as your born!

I guess you must be privy to information that no one else is. I don't see anything scheduled as of yet to take the attraction down for further work and adding much more to the descent would certainly required some time. So sure... I'll wait and see...
    Additional work will be done 3rd shift, as it has been throughout this year

Disneymomto6 is offline A-Ticket holder
    My daughters and I had a great time playing around with the pictures. We emailed them home and than went back on the ride and picked different options, emailed more pictures home and so on.

They enjoyed seeing how ridiculus they could get me to look in what ever was my future. It's ok though, I've saved a few pictures of them in the "future" and we shall see which one ends up in the yearbook. LOL
    Tracy
    mom to 6 of the 7 dwarfs