Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss What are they building??? in the Ask The Experts forums; I was at the Magic Kingdom this past weekend and saw the McDonald's Fry building has been removed from in between Adventureland & Frontierland. There's now a small black cinderblock ...
    elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

What are they building???

I was at the Magic Kingdom this past weekend and saw the McDonald's Fry building has been removed from in between Adventureland & Frontierland. There's now a small black cinderblock building that's taller than the fence they built to hide whatever they're doing. Does anyone know what they're making?
    Last edited by elvistelth; 12-22-2008 at 08:58 PM.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    ...so no one knows?

Toad's Buddy is offline Fastpass Holder
    I believe it is going under an expansion...

Rehabs and Closings Schedule at Disney World
    Have a Great, Big, Beautiful Today!

Toad's Buddy

"No more Laserdiscs for you, Grandpa!"

Thanks Toad's Buddy: I appreciate your link. It answered all my questions.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    They are expanding like Toad's Buddy said...
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Bobby2 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Is this going to come back as a McDonald's? They have shut down most of the other McDonald stands after they have been remodeled and brought in the Disney version. Just wondering.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Last I knew it was still supposed to by McDs, but with an expanded menu with some healthy items (not a full McD menu). Things could still change though. It is supposed to open next month I think.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

thunderman04-07 is offline Annual Passholder
    Its going under an expansion, when they first put up the wall they told the CMs for attractions in Adventureland and Frontierland about it.

Whether its going to be a Disney ODF stand or a McDonalds has yet to be answered.

I hope it stays as a fry cart, i always get the fries there!
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports
    Pretty good sure as your born!

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Last I knew it was still supposed to by McDs, but with an expanded menu with some healthy items (not a full McD menu). Things could still change though. It is supposed to open next month I think.
    What's up with all this healthy stuff? If I go to McD's I want the bad stuff. There are other choices for health foods. I can get fruit and salads in every restaraunt and on every corner in the World.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I thought Disney dropped sponsorship of McDonald's because they didn't want to be associated with unhealthy food?

As someone on a diet, I like the addition of healthy foods at Disney, most of the parks are incredibly lacking in anything healthy. Fruit is okay but its not filling and there's no way on earth that salad is healthy once you put fattening/salty dressing on it. And who wants to eat salad with no dressing? There's sandwiches in the parks too, even some on wheat bread, but still the levels of fat from meats, cheese and mayo and levels of sodium in these foods are through the roof.

I'd personally like some healthier additions like the chicken, black beans and rice dish over at the Studio Catering Co., don't know exactly what "healthier" items they may be adding to the McD's place though.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

Quote Originally Posted by Sorria View Post
    don't know exactly what "healthier" items they may be adding to the McD's place though.
    Probably smaller portions for more money.

thunderman04-07 is offline Annual Passholder
    You want some good "bad food" get the Fish and Chips at UK in the World Showcase. :-)
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports
    Pretty good sure as your born!

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Hmm... i was there, and saw the same thing. I hope theydo keep it a mcdonalds. I think healthy food should be available, but the I think about food when im on vacation is... im on vacation, why not? well we'll see what happens
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!