Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Wonders of Life in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi, I will be travelling to WDW from 2-28 to 3-5, and will be at WDW on 3-1 through 3-4 of 2009. I haven't kept up with what has gone ...
    clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Wonders of Life

Hi, I will be travelling to WDW from 2-28 to 3-5, and will be at WDW on 3-1 through 3-4 of 2009. I haven't kept up with what has gone on, but remember the WOL pavillion was closed when I went towards the end of March 2007. Really want to see Cranium Command. Will it be opened, or has something else gone in to this spot? I can't seem to find anything except it is mostly closed except for certain parts of the year, and some of it has been removed. Just wondering.

Thanks

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    It's closed and a wall is up around it at the moment. Sometimes the spot is used to hold special events.

I really miss it. I hope they revamp it and bring it back, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    Yep, its been closed for years now, I think they might have only opened it once during the last five years for actual guests wanting to do attractions.

Unfortunately I think the WOL pavilion as we all used to know it is probably gone for good.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

Thanks. That is such a shame about WOL...as a somewhat "motion sickness sufferer", it was good that they had the various activities inside then the two shows. I don't miss not getting to go on Body Wars though! LOL! No Test Track, Mission: Space, or Soarin' for me.

And one more question. I know that the Energy pavillion is going to be closed while I am there. Is it just closed, or are they working on it? What's going on? While it seemed a little dated, I liked the video with Ellen DeGeneres then the ride. I hope it doesn't get Disney/cartoon-oriented like Living Seas was. I don't have anything against having some Disney-themed rides, but it's nice to have some more "mature" themed stuff like Horizons and World of Motion were.

thunderman04-07 is offline Annual Passholder
    Yeah......its a shame. They closed it permanantly due to the lack of a sponser. The pavillion itself was open during the food and wine festival.....i took a few pictures if anyone would like me to send them :-)

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    To my knowledge the stuff going on at the UOE pavilion is just refurb type stuff, cleaning up and all. I haven't heard about any drastic changes happening to Energy.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

Thanks for all of your help!
    Too bad Energy is going to be closed in March.

thunderman04-07 is offline Annual Passholder
    Wait.....UOE is closing too?? What on earth is happening to Epcot??