Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Resort Transportation in the Ask The Experts forums; I know you can get to any of the parks from any resort, but is there any transportation option to get directly between two resorts? For example, what's the most ...
    reubenco is offline A-Ticket holder

Resort Transportation

I know you can get to any of the parks from any resort, but is there any transportation option to get directly between two resorts?

For example, what's the most direct way to get from Wilderness Lodge to Port Orleans on Disney transportation?
    Stuck as far away from WDW as possible

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    There are boats between Grand Floridian and the Polynesian; Yacht & Beach, Boardwalk, Swan & Dolphin resorts; Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge & Ft. Wilderness; the Port Orleans Resorts have the boat that stops at both and goes to DTD.

But nothing from Wilderness Lodge to Port Orleans.
    I think your best bet would be during the hours the buses are running to MK is to take the boat (or bus) from WL to MK, then catch the bus to Port Orleans.

Generally, the "take the bus to the nearest park and then switch buses" approach works best, as long as it is within the hours the buses run (1 hr prior to park opening to 1.5 hours after park closing).
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I agree with the above, except that I would avoid trying to bus to the nearest resort and switch buses very close to closing time as you'll get caught up in the melee of people leaving the parks. I'd take a cab around that time of night or switch out at DTD
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...