Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Help with Fort Wilderness Cabins Questions in the Ask The Experts forums; I was looking into possibly staying at the Fort Wilderness Cabins for my next trip. I would need to book 2 cabins to accommodate my party size. My questions are: ...
    MagicMom is offline C-Ticket Holder

Help with Fort Wilderness Cabins Questions

I was looking into possibly staying at the Fort Wilderness Cabins for my next trip. I would need to book 2 cabins to accommodate my party size. My questions are:

How far apart are the cabins? Are they close enough for a 6 year old to walk back and forth between my cabin and my mother's cabin (assuming we get two consecutive cabins)? When we stay at a "regular" resort with hotel rooms all in a row it is easy for my kids to run from room to room because we are only a few doors away.

How comfortable are the Murphy beds? Are they better suited for kids or can adults get a decent night's sleep on them as well?

Thank you for any help!

Andrea

pooh4me is offline A-Ticket holder
    The cabins are pretty much side by side with about 25 feet between them. The area has been recently cleared so it would be very easy to walk back and forth without going in the road. Make sure you link the reservations so that they will try to put you side by side.
    The murphy bed is the same size as a regular full size bed and very comfortable. It is the same size as the one in the bedroom but is closer to the floor.
    Fort Wilderness is a wonderful place and we would not stay at anyplace else. You will love it .Have a great trip.