Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Disney*MGM Studios Question in the Ask The Experts forums; Does anybody know what TV shows and animated TV shows were made at Disney*MGM Studios?...
    redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder

Question Disney*MGM Studios Question

Does anybody know what TV shows and animated TV shows were made at Disney*MGM Studios?
    -Zac

vowell1055 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I know they filmed "From the Earth to the Moon" there. That's the only one I'm positive about because, according to a CM friend, one of his co-workers got fired because, when Tom Hanks (who was producing FtEttM) was running across the parking lot, apparently late for something, this guy yelled out "Run Forrest!". Reportedly, he said he couldn't help himself.

Toad's Buddy is offline Fastpass Holder
    The last few animated features were made at the Studios. (Then, when they did away with hand-drawn animation, they closed the animation studio down.)
    Have a Great, Big, Beautiful Today!

Toad's Buddy

"No more Laserdiscs for you, Grandpa!"

thokecin is offline And really bad eggs...
    They filmed the outside shots of "Golden Girls" there, I think. The house is there, so I doubt they moved it from anywhere else.

When I was there in 2000 and took the animation tour, they had a lot of "The Emperor's New Groove" drawings and animation cells lying around. Not sure if they were actually working on it or if that was just for show.
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."

–Walt Disney

8 trips and counting!!!

vDunninger is offline A-Ticket holder
    The (then) $70million state-of-the-art animation studios at Disney-MGM Studios did 3 animated features: “Mulan,” “Lilo & Stitch” and “Brother Bear” before closing in late 2003/early 2004. (As an anecdote, apparently when they needed the video drawn for "Stitch's Great Escape" attraction at MK which opened in late 2004, they had to sub-contract out the anomation work to Renegade Animation because there was no one left at Disney who could draw the distinctive hand-drawn style for Stitch!) The 3 sound stages at Walt Disney Studios Florida (a separate operation from the animation studios) made "Ernest Saves Christmas" and "Newsies". Other projects included The Disney Channel's "Mickey Mouse Club" and "Adventures in Wonderland". Several third party productions also used the Studios, including "Superboy" (first season only, from 1988-1989), "Thunder in Paradise", a revival of "Let's Make a Deal", special broadcasts of "Wheel of Fortune" and airplane interior sequences for the feature film "Passenger 57". In addition, a number of music videos and several tapings for World Championship Wrestling" (as well as live broadcasts of WCW Monday Nitro) were also shot there. Other project were also shot there (I remember them tearing down a set from "Xena, Pricess Warriaor" on one of my visits through the sounds stages on the old Backlot Tour.) And don't forget the popular "Golden Girls" Miami home exterior which used to be on the old "Residential Street" in the backlot, which has since given way to "Lights, Motors, Action!" I wish it were still a working studio

1998, 2002, 2005, 2008, 2009 - Wilderness Lodge
    2000 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2007 - Beach Club Resort (YOMD concierge winner!)
    2008 - Polynesian Resort
    2009 - Disneyland Hotel (WWYC vacation winner!)
    2010 - Grand Floridian Resort
    2011 - DLR Paris & Disney Magic 7nts Med
    2012 - Old Key West Resort

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    If you pay attention to the first scene in "The Last
    Action Hero" with Arnold Schwarsenager(Or however you spell it), you can totally spot New York Street. For a Disney fan, that's awesome!!
    -Zac