Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Did STAR TOURS used to be at Epcot??? in the Ask The Experts forums; I have a huge bet going with my son. I remember being at Epcot almost 10 years ago and I could SWEAR that we rode Star Tours there! I think ...
    vicky3269 is offline A-Ticket holder

Did STAR TOURS used to be at Epcot???

I have a huge bet going with my son. I remember being at Epcot almost 10 years ago and I could SWEAR that we rode Star Tours there! I think it might have been in the Land building. My son says it has always been at Hollywood Studios.

Please someone, help!

Thanks,

Vicky

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    It's always been at the Studios. There was a ride at Epcot that was similar to Star Tours called Body Wars. It had the same type of ride system.
    Last edited by Stitch; 01-13-2009 at 07:46 PM.

vicky3269 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hmmm... do you know what years Body Wars was there?

Thanks for replying.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Technically, it is still there. It opened in 1989, which is when Wonders of Life opened I believe.

Since 2004 the Wonders of Life pavilion was tossed into the "seasonal" category, which meant it was only open occasionally. The last time it was open as an attraction pavilion was for a few weeks in December 2006. It has been used for some events since, but none of the attractions have been in use.

According to reports, Body Wars and Cranium Command are still intact but the entrances to them are boarded up. Body Wars, which is functionally the same as Star Tours, is supposedly in use for testing of an updated Star Tours attraction.

I remember riding Body Wars in 97 or 99, and it being a rougher ride in general than Star Tours. It was closed during our trip in 2003, I believe for maintenance.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    You are correct, It opened on October 19th, 1989. When it opened originally it did not have a height requirement, only an age of 3. My DS was 3 and 3 months when he first rode it. CM's initially stopped me from bringing him in believing he was younger. I whipped out his admission ticket (they started charging admission at age 3). He did fine. DH, not so much he never rode it again.

The way it was explained to me back when Star Tours opened, the simulators were very much the same. The movie was filmed differently. Star Tour had a centered focal line which made people less nauseous and didn't make guests feel like they were being bounced as much. It is my understanding that they re-tooled Body Wars film over the years to keep guests from becoming as nauseous as they did during the opening years.