Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Illness while at the World in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi...anyone have any advice for if someone falls ill on vacation? Not sick enough to go to the hospital but sick enough to benefit from seeing a doctor? Is there ...
    PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Illness while at the World

Hi...anyone have any advice for if someone falls ill on vacation? Not sick enough to go to the hospital but sick enough to benefit from seeing a doctor?

Is there somewhere on property we can go? We don't have a car but obviously can get a cab arranged...
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    There is a Centra Care clinic (an urgent care clinic) that you can go to. Disney will also arrange for complimentary transportation if need be.

Disney can also arrange for a doctor to come to your hotel room, but it will definately cost you - I've heard that a visit is typically around $120.
    ~Ashleigh

PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Thank you! We're here now and my husband is very ill but not "critically ill". This helps a ton. Thanks again!
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Each park has a first-aid center, if you fall ill in a park.

If you're in your resort, call the front desk. There are Urgent Care centers nearby (but not on property) and if needed they will help you arrange transportation.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by PlutoGirl View Post
    Thank you! We're here now and my husband is very ill but not "critically ill". This helps a ton. Thanks again!

Oh no! I hope he's feeling better ASAP so you guys can get back to your vacation!!
    ~Ashleigh

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by Spodie View Post
    There is a Centra Care clinic (an urgent care clinic) that you can go to. Disney will also arrange for complimentary transportation if need be.

Disney can also arrange for a doctor to come to your hotel room, but it will definately cost you - I've heard that a visit is typically around $120.
    And that was just about the cost of Centra Care bill for my son when he was down there in the college program. But they did take my PPO with him only paying the co-pay. It took him almost 4 hours to get in and out of there during cold and flu season and lordie only knows what else he was exposed to.

My sister used in room doctor for my niece when she blew an ear infection, was very happy with them. Timely too.

Geez just saw your other post, hope he is doing better soon.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 01-22-2009 at 12:00 AM.