Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Waffles in the Ask The Experts forums; Ok, here's a question for the experts. Does anyone know what brand of waffle mix they use at WDW resorts? They are so good and my kids always say... "why ...
    startedwmouse is offline B-Ticket Holder

Waffles

Ok, here's a question for the experts. Does anyone know what brand of waffle mix they use at WDW resorts? They are so good and my kids always say... "why can't you make waffles like at Disney world"...

Mike

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Some of Disney's waffle mix is made by Carnation Professional (a division of Nestle). I am not sure if it is available to retail consumers.

I know that some places make the mix on site--in other words not from a prepackaged mix. I hope this helps.
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I would LOVE to make the Disney waffles! They're the only ones I really like. If I could get the mix/recipe, I would totally drop the $30 for the Disney waffle maker so I could have Disney waffles all the time!
    ~Ashleigh

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Spodie View Post
    I would LOVE to make the Disney waffles! They're the only ones I really like. If I could get the mix/recipe, I would totally drop the $30 for the Disney waffle maker so I could have Disney waffles all the time!
    I didn't know they made a waffle maker until my youngest daughter just got married last September and I was so mad somebody bought her a Mickey Waffle maker. I was really upset to find out my wife bought it and I didn't get one. I had spoke too soon, she had bought 2 and was teasing me.
    Last edited by Tmntrans; 02-07-2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: .

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    OK, I can try and narrow your search here. Put out an All Call to all members with Disney Cook Books, Gourmet Mickey Cookbook/Cooking with Mickey, various volumes.

The Waffle recipe is in one of them. Unfortunately my kitchen is in rehab with everything packed up/stored.

Endorsement: These books are great but the down fall is a lack of a good index. Whats up with that?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

The Angry Duck is offline A-Ticket holder
    Try this

Mickey Waffles

4 eggs, separated
    1 cup milk
    2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt (optional)
    2 cups flour
    1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
    1 tbsp sugar
    1 tsp vanilla (optional)

Beat egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until light. Add cooled melted butter, milk and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking powder & salt, beat well. Beat egg whites until stiff and gently fold into batter. Bake and serve.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmntrans View Post
    I didn't know they made a waffle maker until my youngest daughter just got married last September and I was so mad somebody bought her a Mickey Waffle maker. I was really upset to find out my wife bought it and I didn't get one. I had spoke too soon, she had bought 2 and was teasing me.
    Where can I get a Mickey Waffle maker?
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

LordQx4 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Ceci is offline Annual Passholder
    Is there any thread at WdWtrivia to get more recipies? I'm looking for one from Tony's restaurant - Main Street. Anybody to help me?
    Thanks for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceci View Post
    Is there any thread at WdWtrivia to get more recipies? I'm looking for one from Tony's restaurant - Main Street. Anybody to help me?
    Thanks for all.
    Have you tried Allears.net? I have printed up lots of recipes from there and I plan on having Disney dinner night when we start planning our next trip.
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

They are no longer in stock at either Target.com or Amazon.com and they don't know when or if they will be in stock again. Any other ideas?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Well, sadly this may explain some of it....

and a warning to those of you who also have it. Mickey's Waffle Irons Recalled by Disney

You might want to call Disney direct and ask if they have a new version of Mickey.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

startedwmouse is offline B-Ticket Holder
    That recall is only for one brand. From my research there were two companies that made waffle makers. There are some on ebay.

mickey mouse waffle iron, Home Garden, mickey mouse waffle items on eBay.com

Ceci is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Have you tried Allears.net? I have printed up lots of recipes from there and I plan on having Disney dinner night when we start planning our next trip.
    ok! Super thanks!

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    Mine has a square wafle with his head imprint in it. We use it alot with no problems. So AIN'T NO WAY, 70.00 gift certificate or not, they getting it back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast