Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss MYW Ticket Question in the Ask The Experts forums; My father had some really old tickets that he exchanged for a MYW ticket with park hopper and no expiration. He wants to use these tickets up within two months, ...
    Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder

MYW Ticket Question

My father had some really old tickets that he exchanged for a MYW ticket with park hopper and no expiration. He wants to use these tickets up within two months, as my sister's Annual Pass expires then and it wouldn't be fair for him to go to Disney and not take her.

However, he's disappointed that if he does this, he won't be able to see the Hall of Presidents since it will be down until July. He had an idea, and I told him I didn't think it would work, but I promised I would ask anyway. He wants to use one of the days up on his ticket within the next few months before my sisters pass expires. He then wants to go sign up for getting into the park for free on his birthday, which would be after HoP reopens. My sister wouldn't have her AP then, but he was saying he'd just give her his ticket with the remaining day left on it and she could use that to get in and of course he'd get in free because of the promotion.

Could my sister use her dad's second day on his ticket even though he's already used the first day?
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder
    In the past they have allowed this. Our family has used those passes as well on several trips and had no problem when one person would use a ticket that someone else had on the prevoius trip. Things could have changed though. I think it depends on who is working the gate. I hope that helps a little.
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    It may work. The first thing that is on the fine print in the back says "nontransferable." Even if your sister tries to use the ticket, there will be that biometric finger scan attached to that card that will not match your sister's finger. Like Brent said, it really depends on the cast member at the turnstile you choose. If your sister decides to use the extra MYW ticket, she will probably put the ticket in and when her finger gets scanned, it won't go through. The CM at the turnstile will probably have her put every single one of her fingers on the scanner and if that won't do the trick, they will either just let her in or send her to guest relations. At that point, you could probably try another turnstile with another CM to see what they do. If worse comes to worst, you can always just buy the extra ticket. If you get to guest relations, they will give you the whole, "this ticket is nontransferable, etc." but if you twist their arm a bit, you may be able to get them to switch it out (I've done that before).

Another thought: I don't know how the birthday passes work, but would your dad be able to claim his birthday ticket and then your sister use the birthday ticket and he uses his original ticket (just make sure he doesn't have any birthday buttons on!)? I've never encountered a CM who actually read the names on the tickets and even if they did, I doubt they will be able to question it - I'm sure they see all kinds of names from people all over the world.
    ~Ashleigh

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Quote Originally Posted by envypeterpan View Post
    In the past they have allowed this. Our family has used those passes as well on several trips and had no problem when one person would use a ticket that someone else had on the prevoius trip. Things could have changed though. I think it depends on who is working the gate. I hope that helps a little.
    They have at times allowed the interchange of tickets between people when those tickets were purchased together as a unit. This is just a convenience feature. Since his MYW ticket and her AP were not likely to be linked in that way, that doesn't apply.

Transfer of tickets between people is expressly not allowed. You may get lucky - they may not be using the finger scans at the time (more common at rope drop than later in the day, just to keep the lines moving), or when it refuses the entry the CM may allow you though (much for the same reason - keep the line moving when busy), but you are taking your chance.

Perhaps a different option would be for him to use his pass for himself, purchase a one day pass for the sister, then opt for the Birthday Fun Card and give it to her, which is good for $75 worth of merch in the park - it would at least make up for the cost of the ticket.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news