Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Is it worth paying for Beach Club in the Ask The Experts forums; Is it worth paying for Beach Club? It is really expensave...
    wdwradio123 is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Is it worth paying for Beach Club

Is it worth paying for Beach Club? It is really expensave

wdwfan1313 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Yes absolutely. A year or two ago I would have told you to stay at one of the moderates, but IMHO their quality was dropped way off. From now on we will only stay at the deluxes or save a bunch of money and stay at one of the value resorts.

As for The Beach Club itself, I have stayed there 3 times and each time has been a great experience. So good that when we finnally buy into the DVC we plan to buy at the Beach Club.

ADP
    ADP is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The Beach Club is a great resort. I don't know if I'd pay rack rate for it; however, the 4 for 3 deal would make it worth it. If someone in your party purchases an Annual Pass you'll probably get a good AP discount, so that's another discount option.

If you plan on visiting EPCOT or DHS the Beach Club is a great location. Walking to EPCOT via the International Gateway is very convenient. In addition, taking the boat to DHS provides a nice and relaxing ride. If you are really ambitious walking to DHS is possible.

The Beach Club also provides very good amenities. There are good restaurants to choose from. Plus you have the Boardwalk across the lake. Storm-A-Long Bay is a great pool complex.

Have a great trip.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    We didn't stay at the Beach Club Resort, but for our first DVC stay my wife and I stayed at the Beah Club Villas for our first Epcot resort stay. Although we didn't PLAN it, we ended up going to Epcot every evening for food and drinks because it was so convenient to just be able to walk over there in 5 minutes.

Well worth it.

We stayed there again this past October for the Food and Wine Festival.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Stayed at BCV for the first time this past October. Great resort. We rented points from a friend so it was a lot cheaper than going through Disney. Loved being so close to Epcot. We like walking so we even walked to the Studios. Got to watch Illuminations almost every night. Could even see some of it from our balcony. They were in the process of renovating rooms while we were there.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    We absolutely LOVE the Beach Club and own with DVC at the Beach Club Villas. Staying at the Beach Club for our honeymoon and that is the only reason we bought into the Beach Club.

Don't forget to go to Beaches and Cream for the Kitchen Sink!

If you stay there - Please say Hi to Captain Art for me! He is one of my pals!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!