Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Pleasure Island.. in the Ask The Experts forums; I'm sure i you've seen some of my previous posts floating around, my friends and I are going to be eighteen, but we want to know if we can get ...
    starxcrossed is offline B-Ticket Holder

Pleasure Island..

I'm sure i you've seen some of my previous posts floating around, my friends and I are going to be eighteen, but we want to know if we can get into any other clubs besides the Adventurer's Club or the Comedy Club. Do you only have to be 21 and have a wristband if you want to drink? Or is there a 21+ limit on all of the clubs on PI?

Every website I have looked at regarding this seems to have something different to say about this, so I wanted to know if anyone here knew the correct information!

Thanks! =]
    s a r a h *
    | April '07 - Caribbean Beach | July '07 - Saratoga Springs |
    | July '09 - Pop Century |August '11 - Animal Kingdom |

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by starxcrossed View Post
    I'm sure i you've seen some of my previous posts floating around, my friends and I are going to be eighteen, but we want to know if we can get into any other clubs besides the Adventurer's Club or the Comedy Club. Do you only have to be 21 and have a wristband if you want to drink? Or is there a 21+ limit on all of the clubs on PI?

Every website I have looked at regarding this seems to have something different to say about this, so I wanted to know if anyone here knew the correct information!

Thanks! =]
    I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But, I'm afraid your question is moot. You see, all of the clubs on Pleasure Island closed their doors for good last September. Word on the street is that the Island will become more family friendly with shops and restaurants.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Some of the clubs are available for rental, and even the owner of these forums is sponsoring a night at the Adventurers Club the last weekend in September. But these are generally private events.

There are many rumors about what is to happen at PI. The ONLY thing that is happening so far is that a new restaurant is opening while the rest remain dark. I have a feeling they intended to hand over the club locations to third party development into restaurants, etc., but due to the downturn all plans are on hold. Disney is allowing the rental of them so they at least see some use, and may even be able to judge response in case they decide a few could open again, but absolutely nothing is certain.

I know Lou planned his night at the AC as being the "last ever night" at the AC, but a lot of people are hoping that with the new fiscal year starting in October, Disney may at least reopen the AC and perhaps a few other clubs.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

starxcrossed is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Pleasure Island..

Well that certainly is a downer! I feel like quite an idiot for even posting this now! Hahaah.

Does anyone know if any good 18+ clubs in the immediate area? I tried searching on google but it's hard to fish through 349820484 results, if you know what I mean! =/
    s a r a h *
    | April '07 - Caribbean Beach | July '07 - Saratoga Springs |
    | July '09 - Pop Century |August '11 - Animal Kingdom |

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Just because you and your friends will be 18,doesn't mean you have to go to clubs and such.There is a lot of other things to do there at Disney.Go to Disneyquest;that can keep you occupied for hours.Plus not to mention all of the places to go off property.But I know how young kids are;I happened to have been one myself at one point in time.
    Park Hopper Dad!

FreddyGee is offline A-Ticket holder

Look on the threads for the Disney College Program on this and other sites. Many CP cast members need a break from the world and even with the discount couldn't afford the Disney night life options like
    Disney Quest.