Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Food and wine festival in the Ask The Experts forums; Thanks Disnyfan 83 - but after an all day pow wow yesterday, we decided on the Beach Club and made our reservations. I am excited cause I've never stayed there. ...
    Coby'smama is offline B-Ticket Holder

Talking Re: Food and wine festival

Thanks Disnyfan 83 - but after an all day pow wow yesterday, we decided on the Beach Club and made our reservations. I am excited cause I've never stayed there. Now we just have to figure out how to time it to make the most of the free dining plan. We did LeCellier, Narcoosee's and the HoopDeeDoo in '07 - loved them all! I am also looking forward to adult down time by the pool - it seems with the kids we did nothing but go, go, go! I don't care if I miss Tower of Terror or Rock 'n Rollercoaster this time around! But I must see the Haunted Mansion cause it was closed for refurbishment when we were there! "Grimm grinning ghosts come out to socialize!"

1976 College Spring Break! With best friend!
    1977 Honeymooned at the Polynesian
    1978 stayed off site - Main Gate Howard Johnsons
    1986 Stayed lagoon view Polynesian - 2 kids!
    1988 Hubby and me at Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)
    1990-Off site cheapy hotel! With 2 kids!
    1996 with friends at their time share-now with 3 kids
    2000 took 7 year old on a surprise destination trip-Dolphin Resort
    2000 - My son & daugher-in-law honeymoon at the Polynesian
    2001 - My daughter Sr. Class trip stayed at AllStar Music
    2007 - 30 year anniversary trip with the whole family - 2 adult kids, 15 yr. old and daughter-in-law - Boardwalk Inn
    September 2009!!! Beach Club - me, hubby and best buds - no kids this time around. How exciting!

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Food and wine festival

You will love the Beach Club!! The pool is fantastic!!

The last time I was there, we had a balcony that faced Epcot - so we were able to see the higher fireworks from Illuminations from there! But just a word of warning.... If you do have an Epcot facing balcony, get ready - the finale echos off of the building and it sounds like you are under attack!!
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder

The Food and Wine festival was amazing. No matter the crwods its definetly worth experiencing.
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

ginnyfavers is offline B-Ticket Holder

OK here's my Food & Wine rant! You asked for it.

I can't stand this freakin' festival. It gums up Epcot every night beyond reason, the food portions are laughably tiny and so overpriced I can't get my mind around it half the time.

The only good time I ever had at Food & Wine was when I got a decent piece of spanikopita from the Greece booth the first half hour on a weekday. It was downhill from there.

We stay far away. Then again, we don't drink, so perhaps it is more fun to pay $8.50 for a plastic shotglass of mediocre food if you are drinking, we wouldn't know!

Even if it was great, it's stand in a line, eat a few bites. Stand in another line, eat a few bites. Go stand in another line. And some of them lines ain't short.

At all costs avoid Friday and Saturday nights. Hundreds of young locals in cocktail attire pour into the park and it gets crazy crowded.

I've always had an "Emperor has no clothes!" feeling about Food & Wine Fest. OK sorry, I know I'm weird and not the majority opinion on this one.
    Last edited by ginnyfavers; 05-16-2009 at 08:50 PM.
    Amanda, Joe & Miles
    Planning my next trip way way way too far in advance...

"I met the love of my life on the Seven Seas Lagoon"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12