Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss benefits of AP renewal? in the Ask The Experts forums; Forgive me, I am sorta new to the AP thing. Could someone explain if there is a "benefit" to renewing my AP when it expires? As in, a discount, rather ...
    DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.

benefits of AP renewal?

Forgive me, I am sorta new to the AP thing. Could someone explain if there is a "benefit" to renewing my AP when it expires? As in, a discount, rather than letting the AP run out and then renewing it when I know I can use it again later in the year? I just didn't get that info from Disney clear, so thanks. Also, are there "regular" discounts I can count on (I know occasional resort discounts, etc...) Thanks, I am still learning about this AP thing, and all the Disney website said was "here are current dicounts...." which I already knew! Thanks!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    The only benefit is getting a discount on the new pass. This could be a good deal if you lived close to Disney and would go at all times of the year without fail.

The downside to renewing a pass is you could lose some valuable time. Our Annual Passes expired in February and we did not renew them because we aren't going back until November. If we renewed our passes in January, our pass would really only be good for several months instead of a year. When you renew your Annual Pass, it is activated immediately.

By waiting until November, we will spend a little bit more, but we will have the benefit of using it for an additional 12 months.

I wouldn't renew unless your plans put you back in Disney World within a month of your first Annual Pass expiring. The discount is only 10%. I hope that cleared up some of your questions. I might have just confused you even more.

For a complete list of the Annual Pass Discounts, you can check our site- www.disneyonadime.com/annualpass.php or you can look at allearsnet.com
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

No, you helped out a lot. How do I keep track of these discounts when I am there in June, geez!!! Thanks again, and your website if very helpful for documenting this info!

Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    No, you helped out a lot. How do I keep track of these discounts when I am there in June, geez!!! Thanks again, and your website if very helpful for documenting this info!
    The details of all of the discounts can be a little overwhelming. It can be especially hard if you are trying to remember which restaurants offer which discount at what part of the day.

You can print it off before your trip, but be sure to check back because the benefits are constantly changing.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I always thought that AP was for people that live in FL. I guess its for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by jarmitc2032
    I always thought that AP was for people that live in FL. I guess its for everyone.
    There are several types of Annual Passes.

Regular Annual Pass, Premium Annual Pass, Florida Annual Pass, Florida Premium Annual Pass, and a Florida Seasonal Pass.

Everyone is able to buy the Regular and Premium Annual Pass. If you plan to go to Disney World for more than 10 days in the next 12 months, you should look into getting one.
    Chris
    www.DisneyonaDime.com

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Is this a new thing that disney is doing?

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Forgive me, I am sorta new to the AP thing. Could someone explain if there is a "benefit" to renewing my AP when it expires? As in, a discount, rather than letting the AP run out and then renewing it when I know I can use it again later in the year? I just didn't get that info from Disney clear, so thanks. Also, are there "regular" discounts I can count on (I know occasional resort discounts, etc...) Thanks, I am still learning about this AP thing, and all the Disney website said was "here are current dicounts...." which I already knew! Thanks!
    When most of us speak about Annual Passes we are referring to the Annual Park Hopper Pass, which is now $395 + 6.5% FL Sales Tax. A renewal pass is $355 + 6.5% FL Sales Tax. If you are going to be a regular visitor at WDW for years to come it is probably better to keep renewing your pass. Most APs use it for the great discount on WDW resort rooms (An AP can reserve up to three rooms at a time and get the discount(s), and the food and merchandise discounts. If you are a pin collector there are some great pins made only for APs each year. You can check them out at the great WDW site: www.mousesavers.com which many of us use.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    When you get your AP you receive a special AP ticket sleeve that has all the discounts printed in it, as well as special phone numbers. However, none are toll-free.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 04-03-2005 at 04:08 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Thanks also for all the good info Jiminy. I think I will be able to get my use out of my pass this year!