Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Character Breakfasts in the 1980s in the Ask The Experts forums; I'm dating myself here, but when we took our three youngest kids to the World in the early 1980s, we had a breakfast with the characters somewhere....I just can't remember ...
    M5ward is offline C-Ticket Holder

Character Breakfasts in the 1980s

I'm dating myself here, but when we took our three youngest kids to the World in the early 1980s, we had a breakfast with the characters somewhere....I just can't remember where. Any ideas where character breakfasts were back then?
    Michele
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on until Morning!
    šoš * ~ ** ~ * šoš

November, 1981 (CR), November, 1983 (CR), December, 1994 (off-site),January, 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), January, 2007 (SSR), November, 2007 (SSR), February. 2008 (BWV), October, 2008 (OKW), January, 2009 (BWV)

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Character Breakfasts in the 1980s

There was one in the Contemporay but I don't think it was called Chef Mickeys at the time, there was also one over in DTD at the riverboat that is now Fultons, it was called Empress Lilly (this was one of our favorites. They have also had the one at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian for a long time but not sure when it started. Can't think of any others right now.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder

Chef Mickey's used to be located in what is now Downtown Disney. It was located just down the path from what was the Empress Lily and is now Fulton's, and there was a character meal in there, also.

In 1990, I had a character breakfast on the Empress Lily and I had dinner at Chef Mickey's.

The former Chef Mickey's building is no longer there ... it was located approximately where Motion (the former Pleasure Island nightclub) is. This was before Pleasure Island was developed.
    -- Eric

M5ward is offline C-Ticket Holder

In reading these responses, I think we took the kids to the character breakfast on the Empress Lilly. My memory is of sitting by windows and looking out onto water. DH says the Contemporary, but I think not. I'm going to dig through old pictures and see what I can find. Thanks for the responses.
    Michele
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on until Morning!
    šoš * ~ ** ~ * šoš

November, 1981 (CR), November, 1983 (CR), December, 1994 (off-site),January, 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), January, 2007 (SSR), November, 2007 (SSR), February. 2008 (BWV), October, 2008 (OKW), January, 2009 (BWV)

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Yes, if you looked out and saw water it was probably Empress Lillys. That was a very popular one back in the 80's, it was actually one of the few that existed at the time. They did not have near as many as they do now.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!