Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Mnsshp in the Ask The Experts forums; Hiya Last October I was at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party which was amazing. I won't be going this year but I'll be going next. I was wondering since ...
    Donald_Goofy is offline A-Ticket holder

Mnsshp

Hiya

Last October I was at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party which was amazing. I won't be going this year but I'll be going next. I was wondering since I've only been once before, do things change at this party? Like the parade/villians show/music (Boo To You) and the characters who you party with in the disco tents? Or is it the exact same party every year? Each way I will be going back next year but was just wondering. Thanks

njdisney is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Mnsshp

I've only gone twice- in 2005 and 2008. It was pretty much the same both years, although I cannot vouch for which characters are in the tents.
    However, as we all know... Disney always reserves the right to change, replace or eliminate elements in any event, meal, etc. For instance, in 2005 they were still doing the free family photos. That is no longer offered.

And, in 2005 the Boo To You parade and music was new that year. So I would expect them to freshen up or change it entirely at some point in the future.

Even though the 2 parties I attended were largely the same- I had a blast both years.

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

I am not trying to spoil your fun or damper your spirit about MNSSHP,but my family and I went about 3-4 years ago,and for us,we weren't impressed with it.We love Disney a lot.We went 10 years in a row until I got laid off from my job,so we are Disney lovers.But we just felt that the lighting was awkward,hard to see,due to the colored lights and such.We did a lot there,got our free pic taken and got candy bags and candy,rode a lot of rides too.We also dressed up in 50's costumes,because we were staying in the 50's section at POP,that was cool.But it was over about the time it started;7-12:00am.Not enough time.We though that going there for 5 hours would be enough,since we have been so many times prior to that time.But it wasn't.So the next day,I went to the front desk at our resort,POP,and got us a one day/one park tix and we went back to MK and stayed all day until closing.So this is just my feelings on the MNSSHP,but don't let my feelings discourage you.I know everyone is different,so what we may not enjoy,others may.I hope yall have a blast when you do the MNSSHP again!
    Park Hopper Dad!

hms1016 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I have gone the past 4 or 5 years. I can say for the most part things have stayed the same. My first party, several years ago, the parks were much more decorated. There were large blow ups all over the parks. They also used to give you a free 5x7. Now I feel that the park is much less decorated. I also feel the candy quality has gone down. Now they give you a special photo pass and you can get 25% off your photos from that night. Although, the prices have gone up and I think the party qulaity has declined I still enjoy it each year.
    Walt Disney World
    June 1980 - Off Site
    June 1983 - Off Site
    June 1985 - Off Site
    June 1988 - Off Site
    September 2003 - All Star Music
    September 2005 - Pop Century
    September 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2006 - Pop Century
    May 2007 - Pop Century
    October 2007 - Pop Century
    December 2007 - All Star Music
    May 2008 - Pop Century
    December 2008 - Mousefest - Pop Century
    Disneyland
    May 2005
    June 2007

Quote Originally Posted by hms1016 View Post
    I have gone the past 4 or 5 years. I can say for the most part things have stayed the same. My first party, several years ago, the parks were much more decorated. There were large blow ups all over the parks. They also used to give you a free 5x7. Now I feel that the park is much less decorated. I also feel the candy quality has gone down. Now they give you a special photo pass and you can get 25% off your photos from that night. Although, the prices have gone up and I think the party qulaity has declined I still enjoy it each year.

So they don't even give you a free pic anymore?The one and only time that we went,they were still giving free pics in your costumes.Candy quality has gone down too,huh?Sadly,Greed keeps eating Disney's lunch and pretty soon,we'll have to pay for the air we breathe while in the parks.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i had fun when i went.. but i have to say the candy was poor.. but i thought it was due to the fact we went on Nov1 and not in oct or on halloween.. i figured the last day wouldnt be crowed.. and you know it wasnt.. but dispite the candy.. i dont go for the candy.. i had a awesome time and were going back this year.. i agree just getting tickets that evening is not enough time.. so we go to the mk all that day.. go to our room and change into our costumes then back for dinner at the liberty tavern and then joining the party
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    i had fun when i went.. but i have to say the candy was poor.. but i thought it was due to the fact we went on Nov1 and not in oct or on halloween.. i figured the last day wouldnt be crowed.. and you know it wasnt.. but dispite the candy.. i dont go for the candy.. i had a awesome time and were going back this year.. i agree just getting tickets that evening is not enough time.. so we go to the mk all that day.. go to our room and change into our costumes then back for dinner at the liberty tavern and then joining the party
    That sure seems like a long time to spend at MK.I guess I'm getting older,but if I got to MK early in the morning at opening,and knowing MNSSHP was also that night,I know there is no way that I could stay there all day and then leave,change into costumes and go back to MK.I'd have to do the both on two separate days,if I did the MNSSHP again,which I won't.Even though I love WDW,I am getting older and the body can't go quite as long as it once did.But I still try though.Have fun.
    Park Hopper Dad!

we have a 4 yr old.. so we do the morning deal until she is tired.. then go back she naps and then go back for the party.. last time we were out of there by 10:30
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

we have a 4 yr old.. so we do the morning deal until she is tired.. then go back she naps and then go back for the party.. last time we were out of there by 10:30
    That's cool.Back in 1998 when we first started going to WDW with my girls,my youngest was 4 also.But in '98,the MNSSHP had not begun yet.So when we went to the parks,we kept both of our girls in the stroller and kept the canva covering over them,keeping the sun off of them.We gave them plentyof water and rested some,and I believe the younger even fell asleep for a while.But for us,we stayed at each park all day,and never had to leave and go back to the room for them to rest.We just took a slower pace,stayed inside the AC when we could and they were fine.Hope yall have a great time.
    Park Hopper Dad!

when we go back this time i will be staying in the park as long as i can because i only get one day at wdw because the hubby wants to go to universals and kennedy.. well i kind wanna go to universals as well.. i wanna see how the harry potter world is coming
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

We are going to MNSSHP on Sept 4. We will be at the MK all day that day...opening the park and there until midnight when the party gets over.

We've done this many times before with MVMCP and the Pirate & Princess Party so it's no big deal for us.

This will be the first time we are attending MNSSHP (we got lucky with the first one falling during our trip!), but I'm guessing it's usually pretty much the same from year to year like MVMCP is.

were going to be well fed and well rested.. because we get to disney the day before but were not going to any parks just resting all day friday
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

were going to be well fed and well rested.. because we get to disney the day before but were not going to any parks just resting all day friday
    That's the best way to do it anyway.get settled into your resort and then head to DD to eat at Earl of Sandwich for an awesome sandwich for just $5.00 each,then walk around DD and go in Once upon a toy.... the the World of Disney and just kinda hang out for a while .Get ya berings ya know.
    Park Hopper Dad!

oh yes... and spend a lil money on a few carry homes.. like a new t shirt i have wore my last one out!!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

oh yes... and spend a lil money on a few carry homes.. like a new t shirt i have wore my last one out!!
    Yeah,I don't have a clue as to what happened to all of my WDW T shirts.I had several,but they must've decided to go to that great T shirt heaven in the...........haunted mansion!
    Now,I collect WDW magnets.They're cheap,don't take up a lot of space,except on your fridge,and they are always fresh to look at.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast