Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Online check-in Question. in the Ask The Experts forums; Has anyone recently used the online check-in system? If so how was your experience? and also is it a good idea to use ths serviceif I am trying to have ...
    stephanie71717 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Online check-in Question.

Has anyone recently used the online check-in system? If so how was your experience? and also is it a good idea to use ths serviceif I am trying to have connected rooms? I of course already requested this when making my reservations but I want to do everything possible to make sure I can get them. Thanks in advance..you guys are the best!!

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: Online check-in Question.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie71717 View Post
    Has anyone recently used the online check-in system? If so how was your experience? and also is it a good idea to use ths serviceif I am trying to have connected rooms? I of course already requested this when making my reservations but I want to do everything possible to make sure I can get them. Thanks in advance..you guys are the best!!
    I haven't been able to use it. At least in the case of the DVC link to the online check-in, it apparently feeds several bits of information and for some reason my information doesn't "match" so I can't use it. It is probably the "Curse Of The Apostrophe" - I've had so many computer problems because of having one in my name - all due to bad programming (I run servers for a living and program them on the side).

As far as I'd expect, I don't think using the online system will give any room requests any higher precedence that one made over the phone.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

GUNMETALSCION is offline B-Ticket Holder

I'm going in may if there are no reviews by then I'll tell you how it goes

Im leaving May 19th so hopefully I can get some opinions by then. If not I will try it myself and see how it works out.

GUNMETALSCION is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie71717 View Post
    Im leaving May 19th so hopefully I can get some opinions by then. If not I will try it myself and see how it works out.
    I check in on the 7th so maybe I will tell you some good news about it.... I hope

DetectiveChimp is offline A-Ticket holder

I used it about two weeks ago (twice actually, switched resorts half way through the trip). It went extremely smoothly. They have an "online check-in" line, although if the line is shorter at regular check-in you can wait there and they can take care of you. Basically keys for everyone in your room are all printed out and your check-in folder is all set. I can't remember if I had to give them my credit card for room charging or if it was captured during the online check-in.
    My verdict is thumbs up. It's slightly faster than regular check-in and every minute counts when you first get to Walt Disney World! I'll definitely be doing it on all future trips.

Thank you so much for chiming in with your verdict. I'm staying at Pop and the check-in lines are usually nuts so anything to shorten the wait and get me on POTC is great for me

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

I used it about three Weeks ago, and it actually took longer than the regular check in line. The cast member was very apologetic about it- but while I was still being checked in, the on line check in line became longer than the regular line.

I still think they are working out the kinks, and when all the cast members have a had bit more time working with the new system, it should be great!
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

giggs1434 is offline A-Ticket holder

Hallo Jungs.
    Letzten Monat hatte ich eine Tour nach Europa, und ich bekam meine checkin von Online-Dienstleister für Check-in, Es-Service ist wirklich gut. Früher habe ich viele Probleme wie steht für lange Zeit in Warteschlangen und nicht immer meinen bevorzugten Sitz konfrontiert.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

With the wonders of Google Translate:

Quote Originally Posted by giggs1434 View Post
    Hi guys.
    Last month I had a tour to Europe and I had my checkin of on-line service for check-in, there service is really good. I used many of the problems is like for a long time in queues and not always confronted my favorite seat.
    Unfortunately, I'm still not sure what is being said.

Are you referring to Disneyland Paris?
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news