Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Do you know? in the Ask The Experts forums; Does anybody know where I can find video or music from the American Adventure? Also, does anyone know if the new rides for the Happiest Celebration are permanent or temporary?...
    Cindertina is offline A-Ticket holder

Do you know?

Does anybody know where I can find video or music from the American Adventure? Also, does anyone know if the new rides for the Happiest Celebration are permanent or temporary?

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    I do believe that Soarin' and Lights Motors Action are permanent, as is Expedition Everest when it opens.
    Cinderellabration I heard is temporary, maybe for a year (I don't quite remember)
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Extinct Attractions Club (http://www.extinct-attractions-club.com/) has a DVD for sale about The American Adventure. It includes a vintage program hosted by Lloyd Bridges about behind-the-scenes at the attraction, as well as a home video of most of the show.

The song "Golden Dreams" is on several different years' editions of the "Official Album of Walt Disney World"

Cinderellabration is supposed to stick around for the 18 months of the 50th Anniversary celebration, and then Cinderella's Surprise Celebration is supposed to return. The other temporary thing I can think of is the Hong Kong Disneyland Preview Center in the China pavilion at Epcot.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindertina
    Does anybody know where I can find video or music from the American Adventure? Also, does anyone know if the new rides for the Happiest Celebration are permanent or temporary?

Welcome to the board!!!

Don't know if there has ever been published music from The American Adventure, but will research it for you. While a stirring presentation most WDW guests attitude is "Seen it!" Probably not much demand for the score.

As for the new stuff, I agree Cindy's Celebration will probably have a limited run. What I am hoping for is a new parade to replace Spectromagic, but that is probably a few years down the road.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    [QUOTE=disneydame2004]Extinct Attractions Club (http://www.extinct-attractions-club.com/) has a DVD for sale about The American Adventure. It includes a vintage program hosted by Lloyd Bridges about behind-the-scenes at the attraction, as well as a home video of most of the show.

Have you purchased any of the DVDs? If so, what is the quality and what format--DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-ROM? From what I could gather this site is run by a former CM at DL, who helps the down-and-out around DL?
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Yes, I have purchased a few of their DVD's. Quality varies by subject and the footage they were able to obtain. Their newest releases are quite good - Haunted Mansion vol.1 and A Walk Through The Haunted Mansion with Imagineer Tony Baxter are very good. As their work has been gaining recognition, they have been getting more access to imagineers to interview and better footage, better case/disc graphics & menus, professional narration, etc.

Their footage runs the whole range from amateur home movies to vintage tv specials to exclusive interviews, often mixed on the same disc. The editing is professionally done. Some discs are just collections of home movies (these are usually of Disneyland). The only disc I've been a little disappointed in is the Star Tours opening day Party one - it's a long home video made by someone taking their kid to Disneyland that day, and they never actually go on Star Tours (but it has cool footage of the entire submarine ride and 2 trips on the peoplemover).

I don't know what the exact format is, but they play on most DVD players and best on my computer's DVD drive. You can probably ask Dave Oneal, Extinct-Attractions' creator, at oldthemeparks@aol.com. He has been very helpful to me, dealing with customer service questions personally.

Some of the purchase price goes to help people living in hotels used as homeless shelters around the DL area.

I would highly recommend them!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Cindertina is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks! I will look into it!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    DO YOU KNOW:

what rides I can ride with my new.... C TICKET!!!! WOOHOO!!!! GIVE IT UP FOR MEH!! WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT !!!!!

that's right, I'm on my way to the A TICKET YIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! wachoo!

but really, what can I ride with my new C TICKET?!?!? aawww yeah! Funky chicken!!!!