Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Birthday fastpass? in the Ask The Experts forums; Hiya. My family and I are going to Disney World next month and while we're there my sister is going to be celebrating her 15th birthday. I know that this ...
    MissMello is offline A-Ticket holder

Birthday fastpass?

Hiya. My family and I are going to Disney World next month and while we're there my sister is going to be celebrating her 15th birthday. I know that this year they're offering that get into the park free on your birthday thing but we already bought tickets for her for ten days. We just want to keep our tickets. We heard that they offer you other things instead of that ticket and that one of them was some kind of fastpass. What kind of fastpass are they talking about? One that's for only her or can multiple people use it? And for how long is it good for? That whole day or just a couple rides? Thanks so much in advance if you can help me out!
    When will my reflection show who I am inside?

"Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here."

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Birthday fastpass?

The Fastpass is not for all rides, but will allow her to select from a list of super headliners and another list of fastpass attractions. There is more info on the birthday fastpass option on this site and allears.net. The advantage to this fastpass is that you can ride as soon as you get the fastpass. If that option is not important to you, then you might want to consider the gift card as a better value.

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by MissMello View Post
    Hiya. My family and I are going to Disney World next month and while we're there my sister is going to be celebrating her 15th birthday. I know that this year they're offering that get into the park free on your birthday thing but we already bought tickets for her for ten days. We just want to keep our tickets. We heard that they offer you other things instead of that ticket and that one of them was some kind of fastpass. What kind of fastpass are they talking about? One that's for only her or can multiple people use it? And for how long is it good for? That whole day or just a couple rides? Thanks so much in advance if you can help me out!
    Also check out the FAQ page on this at Disney Parks:

Disney Parks Celebration Frequently Asked Questions | What Will You Celebrate?

The information is rather general, and I had a heck of a time getting anything more specific when I was deciding what to do about my birthday. Nevertheless there is some very useful information here, including the fact that the fastpass exchange certificate is good for the birthday girl and up to five members of her party. There's also a disclaimer to the effect that they can and do run out of these, and they therefore may not be available after 11AM.

My recollection of some anecdotal information from Orlando Sentinel's blog back when the year started was that the FP exchange card had some pretty tight restrictions on it. As the Sentinel described it, for the Magic Kingdom they group all the FP attractions into two different groups, and you can FPs for two attractions from each group. So for example, say that Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain are all in one group. You could use the exchange card to get FPs for a total of four rides, but only two for the same group, so you could not use it on all three of these attractions. (The example is of course irrelevant, since Space Mountain is currently closed, but you get the idea).

The whole FP thing didn't seem worthwhile to me, so I got the gift card instead. When the year started, they were saying that you had to receive *and use* the gift card all on your birthday. That changed almost right away, and now you have to show up to claim the gift card on your birthday, but can use it whenever you want. That's what they told me at will-call, and I confirmed this by using my card to buy something at World of Disney more than a month after my birthday.

The gift card has restrictions too, most notably no food purchases and no purchases at partner (as opposed to Disney operated) vendors. I'm not much of a souvenir collector, so this was a problem for me until they lifted the requirement to spend the whole thing in one day. Now that it doesn't expire, however, I just keep it with me in case I see something that someone would like as a gift. Something to consider anyway.

NorweJenNY is offline Fastpass Holder

Here's the list...

You pick two attractions from the Donald list and two attractions for the Daisy list.

Magic Kingdom
    Donald - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan's Flight, Space Mountain & Splash Mountain.
    Daisy - Buzz Lightyears Space Rangers Spin, Jungle Cruise, Mickey's PhilharMagic & Stitch's Great Escape.

Epcot
    Donald - Soarin' & Test Track
    Daisy - Honey I Shrunk The Audience, Living With The Land, Maelstrom & Mission Space.

Disney's Hollywood Studios
    Donald - Rock n Roller Coaster, Toy Story Midway Mania & Tower of Terror Daisy - Star Tours & Little Mermaid.

Animal Kingdom
    Donald - Expedition Everest & Kilimanjaro Safaris.
    Daisy - Dinosaur, It's Tough To Be A Bug & Kali River Rapids.

I just still want to know if you can pick the same ride twice... like use the birthday fastpass for Buzz, then go back and use it again for another ride on Buzz instead of picking a different ride from the MK Daisy list... anybody know?
    Jenny

April 1996 - Off Property
    December 2001-January 2002 - Honeymoon - CBR
    April 2003 - Off Property
    July 2004 - OKW
    July 2006 - Off Property
    August 2007 - POP
    May 2008 - OKW
    June 2008 - SSR
    July 2009 - POR & WL
    September/October 2009 - ASMo

Next Trip - December 2009 - POFQ & VWL

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

The details are flexible...they can vary day to day. But in GENERAL yes you can use it at the same attraction more than once, and more often than not you get FOUR of each group, not two - although that may vary by park as well.

And you get a Birthday Fastpass for each person in your group, not just the birthday person, up to a maximum of 6 (although they often seem willing to give however many you need).

Full details are available here.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

MissMello is offline A-Ticket holder

Thank you so much for all your help. I'm not really sure what to think of this. I thought that it might be that you were able to go in the fastpass line all day. I guess that's asking a little much but hey, I can dream. '^^ I'm not sure if that is worth the $80 you would pay for a regular ticket.... We'll just let my sister decide. It's her birthday after all! ><
    When will my reflection show who I am inside?

"Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here."