Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Spa Question in the Ask The Experts forums; We are going for our first family trip next week, and I want to get my wife a massage for mother's day. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside. I ...
    Loyal2UIL is offline A-Ticket holder

Spa Question

We are going for our first family trip next week, and I want to get my wife a massage for mother's day. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside. I see on the Disney Web Site that there are several places where you can get a massage. Where should I book it? It will be nice to give her a chance to get some alone time, but I don't want her to have to waste family time traveling all the way across the park. I'm not familiar with the layout of the resorts, or what would be convenient from our hotel.

Any advice would be appreciated.

BusDriver is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Spa Question

There may be more than two spas, but I know there are two places on property that would offer your wife a relaxing getaway & mother's day massage.

One is at the Grand Floridian. If you can schedule that on a day when you are in the Magic Kingdom, she could duck out and get to it either by walking or by monorail. If you schedule it early in the day, you could surprise her by taking the monorail and getting off at the GF, explaining what you have planned & leaving her. I would probably opt for scheduling her visit for the early afternoon and letting her experience the park early in the morning with the family, and then go visit after lunch. You and the family could remain in the MK riding and watching the parades, and she could join you after she finishes.

The other place that I am aware of is at Saratoga Springs. That resort is closer to Port Orleans and across the lake from Downtown Disney. If you have set aside time to visit DTD, then you could schedule that visit for the same time & surprise her that way. Both are great, and I would bet she would appreciate either.

Welcome to the boards!!!!
    My Dream Job - WDW Bus Driver

1975 - First Visit; 1985 High School Band Trip; 1986 Grad Night; 1992 First Visit with two oldest daughters; 1997 First Visit with Son; 1998 Joined DVC; 2003 First Visit with Twins

Many visits staying at Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Disney Institute & All Star Sports

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Saratoga Springs is definitely closer - if you take the boat to DTD you go past it - but there is no direct route. You'd probably need to take the boat to DTD marketplace, then take the SSR boat from there - and then reverse on the way back.

We haven't tried either spa yet, but we've heard great things about both.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

dd just had a relaxing morning at the GF. She's been there a couple of times and exjoys it every time. Hope your wife does too.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

I have spent a delightful day at the spa at Saratoga Springs!! It was great! Make sure she gives herself enough time to enjoy the steam room and sauna!
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

ginnyfavers is offline B-Ticket Holder

I recommend the Grand Floridian Spa, because it will be the easiest to reach from Port Orleans using Disney transportation. The website for this location, and all the associated Nikki Bryan spas and salons is Niki Bryan Spas :: Relaxed Yet™ if you'd like to look at the offerings and prices.

I think this company does an excellent job auditioning their service providers. I have had one of the best massages I've ever had, every time I've been, year after year.

From Port Orleans Riverside, take the bus to the Magic Kingdom, and then the resort monorail to the Grand Floridian. It's a short walk from there.

I am going to book a massage at the Saratoga Springs locale this December, and will put a report up on my trip reports page. I've heard from several sources that the facilities there are bit more extensive than the Grand Floridian, so I'm looking forward to checking it out!

I had a disappointing experience at the new Mandara Spa in the Dolphin, and I don't recommend it over any of the Nikki Bryan locations.
    Amanda, Joe & Miles
    Planning my next trip way way way too far in advance...

"I met the love of my life on the Seven Seas Lagoon"