Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Disney character signatures in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi, all.... I was wondering if there was anyone out there who knew how Disney handles the characters signatures. Do they try to teach the people to all sign the ...
    yoda_5729 is offline A-Ticket holder

Disney character signatures

Hi, all.... I was wondering if there was anyone out there who knew how Disney handles the characters signatures. Do they try to teach the people to all sign the same way, or is it just completely random on what you will get for a signature. I've never gotten any character signatures so I was curious whether they try to make them appear similar or not. Thanks though for reading this.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    They must be taught to sign a certain way, because we have signatures years apart that look the same, plus 2 different Mickey's signing the same way (one at character breakfast, other at MGM)
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    I agree with Pat. We have signatures that are years apart and they are pretty much the same. On our last trip, our daughter was double-checking all the signatures with her old signature book.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda_5729
    Hi, all.... I was wondering if there was anyone out there who knew how Disney handles the characters signatures. Do they try to teach the people to all sign the same way, or is it just completely random on what you will get for a signature. I've never gotten any character signatures so I was curious whether they try to make them appear similar or not. Thanks though for reading this.
    I was talking to a cast member in the park last year when I went and he did tell me as part of the training as a costumed character they have to learn how to write their characters name a certain way.So when you get your book sign like by Mickey Mouse it going to look to the same and that goes with every character in the parks.

COOL screen name.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I had a autograph book the first time I went to WDW back in 1984 and my Unlce had one the first time he went in 2002.. we compared and the signatures look very similar.. not much had changed in 18 years!!!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Just a suggestion for those signature books in case you are a newbie to the whole signature book experience. Buy the great big pens that are sold near the books. Reason: it is much easier for the characters to keep hold of the pen if they are wearing the big foam hands. This was suggested to us by the CM with Stitch in MK. DUH!! I never thought of that, somehow the pure wisdom of that one just escaped my brain. ( I feel so Goofy, I should have purchased a silly, Goofy hat).

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom
    Just a suggestion for those signature books in case you are a newbie to the whole signature book experience. Buy the great big pens that are sold near the books...
    Just don't buy the HUGE pens with the rubber characters on the top - they're top heavy and the characters will complain about using them. ...Pinocchio fell to the floor due to the weight of one these pens, and was unable to get back up because the pen had him pinned to the floor.

: . . : . : . : : . . . . : : : . . . : : : : . : . : : : : . : : : . : : . : . . : : : . . : : . : : . . : . :

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Yes, they are taught to sign like their character. A nice CM told me that one day as I was waiting on the neice to get the courage to go up to Aladdin and Jasmine.

Also - I got the big fat sharpies for the characters to sign with. They love these - although you need to take the cap off for them.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I already have a nice big fat pen that I picked up at Wallyworld for under $1...was thinking of tying a string from it to the book (which also only cost $1 at a dollar store) but am afraid of tangling up the characters with it----hmmm gonna have to work out the detatils on the string bit
    I was going to get a sharpie but was leery about it because they are permanent and I would feel really awful if it ruined one of the costumes by accident....***so what did you do at DisneyWorld-----I turned Snow White's dress to Snow Black***yeesh that would not be good.
    Can't wait to compare some signatures now.

Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    I already have a nice big fat pen that I picked up at Wallyworld for under $1...was thinking of tying a string from it to the book (which also only cost $1 at a dollar store) but am afraid of tangling up the characters with it----hmmm gonna have to work out the detatils on the string bit
    I was going to get a sharpie but was leery about it because they are permanent and I would feel really awful if it ruined one of the costumes by accident....***so what did you do at DisneyWorld-----I turned Snow White's dress to Snow Black***yeesh that would not be good.
    Can't wait to compare some signatures now.
    You can purchase acid free markers at any craft or scrapbooking store. They are better than Sharpies because they are not "permanant" which means they will wash out of clothing. But, they will also last longer than any other pen or marker over the years on your paper or book.

Cindertina is offline A-Ticket holder
    How are the books that double as a photo album and autograph book? I noticed one on the laughing place website and was thinking about ordering before our trip in three weeks, but since I haven't seen it, I wasn't sure if it was worth it?

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    good idea disneydreamer98 ...didn't even think about it and i even do the scrapbooking thing on occasion----already have the papers and stickers i want to use for after our trip in september...lol

emobelle is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindertina
    How are the books that double as a photo album and autograph book? I noticed one on the laughing place website and was thinking about ordering before our trip in three weeks, but since I haven't seen it, I wasn't sure if it was worth it?
    I think those are so cute and it's a good idea! The only thing is sometimes the characters get confused and sign your book upside down or on the wrong page (they're eyesight isn't so good, ya know ), so as long as you weren't picky about that, I've always wanted one.
    George Bob Skippy S.I.R.
    June 20, 1995 - October 11, 2003

Bon Voyage

"...for once it might be grand to have someone understand, I want so much more than they've got planned..." -Belle

Quote Originally Posted by Cindertina
    I purchase mine from scrapbook stores in the 5x7 size. I like to get the ones that you can add additional pages to. We usually get about 30 autographs and pictures per book. I highly recommend this over any autograph books that they sell at WDW. The pages are much stronger than the flimsy paper in the ones they sell.

Quote Originally Posted by emobelle
    I think those are so cute and it's a good idea! The only thing is sometimes the characters get confused and sign your book upside down or on the wrong page (they're eyesight isn't so good, ya know ), so as long as you weren't picky about that, I've always wanted one.
    I always make sure that I hand the book to the character so the page I want signed is facing them and then always point out and ask "could you please sign it on this page because we are going to put your picture on the other". As long as you are helpful and considerate they will oblige!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast