Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Girls Trip in the Ask The Experts forums; Hello everyone~ A group of five of us are going to WDW in October for a girls trip. The group consists of three Disney pros and two "virgins". We are ...
    queensfairy is offline A-Ticket holder

Girls Trip

Hello everyone~

A group of five of us are going to WDW in October for a girls trip. The group consists of three Disney pros and two "virgins". We are staying at All Star Music in a family suite. We also plan to take part in the food and wine festival and have ourchased tickets to Mickey's Not So scary Halloween Party.

So here's my question to all you WDW fans - what are some not to miss things we should for sure do on our trip? resturants? tours? experiences? etc We are not to concerned with doing the typical girls trip and doing spa things. We can do that anywhere. We want to do things that are Disney.

Thanks to all for your input!

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Girls Trip

how old are most people in the party?
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

After illuminations, spend soem time strolling the Boardwalk and trying the different clubs.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

My first thought was of the 5 who gets to sleep in the convertible chair?

Just wanted to make sure you were aware of what the sleeping arrangements are in the Suite. Take a look if you have not already.

MouseSavers.com - Family Suites at Disney's All-Star Music Resort

Your trip sounds like a lot of fun.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

queensfairy is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks for your questions -

how old are most people in the party? Three of us are late 20s and two are early 40s.

My first thought was of the 5 who gets to sleep in the convertible chair? I do.

LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder

MK- Monsters Inc Comedy club (definitely kid themed but still really cool), Haunted Mansion, Philharmagic, Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, and if theres any Winne the Pooh fans, eat at the Crystal Palace. It has a good buffet and I think its a little calmer way to meet the WTP characters.

Epcot- Mission Space, Soarin, Test Track. If anyone likes gardening take the Behind the Seeds tour at the Land building, it's only like 12 bucks and takes an hour, very neat to walk through the greenhouses. Try to catch the performers in Italy as they perform a wonderful version of "Romeo and Edna", if anyone likes french fries, get some chips from Harry Ramsden.

HS- RockNRoller Coaster,Toy Story Mania, and 50's Prime Time, the food can be a little iffy at times but you can't beat the atmosphere. Definitely misbehave if you go there. Blow straw wrappers at each other and put your elbows on the table.

AK- Finding Nemo the Musical and Festival of the Lion, you'll kick yourself if you don't see them. Take the train back to the Affection Section and Rifiki's Planet watch, theres a lot of neat stuff back there and the train ride is relaxing.

Downtown Disney- World of Disney store and Basin.

If you have the time, take a walk around some of the resorts. Contempory, Polynesian, and the Wilderness Lodge are amazing. I went to Whispering Canyons and Artists Point for the first time ever on my last trip and both were fun. WC is very cute and well themed and you definitely get your fill of food there. Artists Point is more pricey or 2 credits on the dining plan if you use that, but the food is AMAZING!

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

You all are going to have the best time!!

For the past several years, I have taken my gal pals down to the Food & Wine Festival for 3 to 4 days. We have such a ball!!

My biggest advice is to really look at this trip more as a time to be with the girls than a trip to knock out as much Disney as you can. I found that my girlfriends all travel so differently - some get up early, others were happy to lounge around the room for a bit, some ladies wanted to ride rides, others didn't do anything "wild." In fact, sometimes we split up so that everyone can do exactly what they want to.

Eating and drinking around the Food & Wine Festival is what we all enjoy the most. We try to do it in two days, so that we can really taste something from every country.

Our big spurge is we all go to the "Party for the Senses" on Saturday night. We love it!!

My other suggestion is to think about your accommodations. I love love love my best friends, but we would kill each other if we were all in the same living space for that amount of time!! With the extra adult surcharge being applied to your room with that many adults in it -- I bet you all could get three value rooms for almost the same price. And once the Fall deals come out, you may even come out ahead!
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

bety is offline Disney World Beast

Quote Originally Posted by queensfairy View Post
    My first thought was of the 5 who gets to sleep in the convertible chair? I do.
    You could take turns.....

I went on a girls trip in December (we're all in our early twenties). The one thing that you definitley can't miss is spending a good amount of time SHOPPING! we arrived in Disney World around noon and didn't want to just spend half a day at a park, so we spent our entire first day at downtown disney. It was wonderful!
    Also, share meals with your girlfriends so you can enjoy a wider variety of things. It makes the trip more fun.
    Don't forget to bring out your "inner children" and have a character meal at some point. We did that and it was very fun.
    We tried to have as relaxing of a trip as possible, even though we spent all day in the parks. Take a boat ride around the resorts in the boardwalk area. It's really nice to do, especially at night.
    I'm sure you'll have fun no matter what because 1. it's DISNEY WORLD and 2. its an entire week of girl time.
    Enjoy!
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music