Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Wild By Design Tour, Is It Worth It? in the Ask The Experts forums; I'm considering doing the Wild By Design Tour for my upcoming June trip. Has anyone done this tour before? Even if you havn't help me make my decision, because I'm ...
    Jennings is offline B-Ticket Holder

Wild By Design Tour, Is It Worth It?

I'm considering doing the Wild By Design Tour for my upcoming June trip. Has anyone done this tour before? Even if you havn't help me make my decision, because I'm really torn between this and the Magic Behind the Steam Trains Tour. Insight is appreciated, thank you!

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Wild By Design Tour, Is It Worth It?

I can only tell you how much I enjoyed the magic behind the steam trains tour. I have not gone on Wild by design. If you appreciate steam trains and Walt's interest in them you will really enjoy getting some insight from this tour. You get some interesting history about Walt's interest in railroading, but you get alot of up close time with the WDW trains including the train barn and how the trains work and how they keep them going everyday at WDW. It was worth every penny, and I got some great pictures of the trains, back stage in the train barn, and one shot I especially like of an empty Main St. before the park opened. $32 with the disney visa discount last June.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

figment47 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Wild By Design Tour, Is It Worth It?

We took the Wild By Design Tour 5 years ago and it was fabulous. As with most WDW tours, you will have details pointed out that you have walked past many times and did not notice. It really makes you appreciate the research and attention to details that go into everything Disney does. We still talk about this tour when we go to DAK. Enjoy and have a Magical day!
    "I hope that we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse"