Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Disney Honeymoon! Need a little help... in the Ask The Experts forums; Hey everyone, I need your help. My fiancee and I are getting married in January and after getting engaged at Disney we knew we had to spend at least part ...
    DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder

Disney Honeymoon! Need a little help...

Hey everyone, I need your help. My fiancee and I are getting married in January and after getting engaged at Disney we knew we had to spend at least part of our honeymoon there. So we are going to be there for 3 nights before heading out to Port Canaveral to catch our cruise.

Now, unfortunatly, we couldn't afford the Disney cruise-but we are heading out on Royal Carribean. We will be coming back on the 9th and then will be staying another night in a Disney hotel because I am running the marathon the next day.

I have been to Disney a million times but I don't know the answer to this question. Is there ANYWHERE on property that I could park my truck and leave it while we are on our cruise? We would likely take a cab or something to the port so this would make things so much easier, not to mention, I think you have to pay to park your car there for a week. Thanks for reading and let me know if you know anything! Thanks.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Disney Honeymoon! Need a little help...

Honestly, I don't know the answer to this question but I am thinking even if there is a place on property, it would cost you. Personally I think you are better off saving the cab money (that's a pretty long cab ride, isn't it?) and park you car right at the docks, where it should be safe.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Disney Honeymoon! Need a little help...

snagged this off of the Port Canaveral site:

Parking Fees
    $15/night for vehicles up to 20 feet in length
    $26/night for vehicles over 20 feet
    The total fee for the time the vehicle will be parked is due on entry. We accept cash, Visa, Mastercard and Traveler's Checks issued in U.S. dollars.

I don't know of any place on Disney property where you could leave your truck.

Getting from a Disney Resort to the port and back to a Disney resort will run you anywhere from $150 to $285 round trip depending on how you choose to do it.

If it were me - if I already had my car down there - I would just take my own car and park it at the port. It also gives you much more flexibility.
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!