Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss How crowded are the parks at the end of August? in the Ask The Experts forums; I'm going with my family on August 27 and I was just wondering how crowded the parks will be at that time. We aren't staying too long so I want ...
    iluvdisney is offline B-Ticket Holder

How crowded are the parks at the end of August?

I'm going with my family on August 27 and I was just wondering how crowded the parks will be at that time. We aren't staying too long so I want to get a lot done.
    Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." -- Walt Disney

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: How crowded are the parks at the end of August?

That is still considered a high attendance time of the year, but so many schools in the country start classes before Labor Day now, that it may not be as bad as you think.

The main thing to be concerned about at that time, in my opinion, is the HEAT! Man, it's really hot in Central Florida that time of the year!
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder

I went at the end of August last year, and the crowds were not bad, but I was traveling solo, so I moved pretty fast, but it still seemed to be relatively easy to get around and not wait more that 30 minutes on most attractions. Disneyfan83 is right about it being hot, I was soaked with sweat after being in the parks for an hour or so each day. My suggestion is to follow a good touring plan, and take a mid-day break if possible to recharge the batteries. Have a fun trip!

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

Lover_of_Disney is offline A-Ticket holder

I really doubt the crowds would be that bad, considering Florida schools [[[as well as several other schools]]] go back to classes the last two weeks of August.

But heat would indeed be an issue at that time of year. If people are starting to get cranky and hot, don't underestimate the value of an afternoon break to just rest in the air conditioning, swim in the pool, etc. Since park hours are still pretty lengthy that time of year, you should be good with coming back in the evening. If you want to get a lot done, you might want to stay at a Disney resort and take advantage of Extra Magic Hours.
    A dream is *WISH* your heart makes, when you're fast asleep.

Going to Disney this June of '10!

`~`A true Disney princes!`~`

lollerstace is offline A-Ticket holder

i moved down to FL around the 15th of august i think? and i felt like my first few days in the world were, well i thought it wasn't that crowded, but after a week or so i suddenly saw what not crowded was like. you'll probably be getting there right about when the crowds have dropped off, so have fun!!
    a dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep.

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Touring Plans shows a 7 on that day & the next week or so goes from 5's to 7's (on a scale of 1 to 10).

Personally, our family (11 of us all together) went a couple years ago at the end of August (right before my nieces & newphews had to get back for school) and the crowds were not bad at all. We were able to go on things & stick together as a large group w/few problems and the waits were not that bad.

It was hot, esp. compared to here in the Northeast, but I didn't think it was that bad. We dressed for it (shorts & light t-shirts), kept well hydrated & took advantage of the water rides. Plus practically every shop & restaurant are air conditioned, as well as many attractions, so there is always somewhere you can stop for a break & to cool off.
    Zima-Cheryl

Missin'Disney is offline A-Ticket holder

We have gone right before Labor day several times now, and generally the crowds are "OK" (think 6's and 7's)

But the restaurants are VERY crowded due to the FD promo and getting a walk-up is next to impossible, so if you haven't already: make those ADR's ASAP!!

The heat is pretty brutal. And bring those ponchos

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder

I was there the end of August one trip and was very pleased with the crowds. The heat and humidity might kill you, but at least the lines aren't long to the next air-conditioned dark ride.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

DHI
    DHI is offline C-Ticket Holder

it depends on when Orlando and nearby school districts start up again... what better way to end summer vacation then Disney World
    Wishin' I was in the World

What will you CELEBRATE!

kentgurgie is offline B-Ticket Holder

We went last August, and it was really fine. One morning we went to EMH at MK and we did just about everything in Fantasyland,Tommorowland, and Frontierland before lunch. My sons were sooooo happy because we got to ride Peter Pan 4 times in a row!