Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Fishing in the Ask The Experts forums; does anyone know which or if any of the lakes are better for fishing?...
    DISNEYDAD is offline A-Ticket holder

Fishing

does anyone know which or if any of the lakes are better for fishing?

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    i'm willing to bet they have their own hatchery and regularly stock all of their lakes, but that is only my opinion.

personally, i'd be ticked off to spend that money for any of those guided trips and not catch anything.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    You can catch the fish but I believe all on Disney property are on the catch and release program, it that makes a difference to you. I have heard bay lake is a good one for fishing....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Thanks for the info. catcha nd release is fine with me. we are going to be staying at the port orleans riverside and i didnt know if the bass fishing was good there or better at bay lake or another one

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I'll be staying at POR for the first time in June. I have not fished there, but I am sure it is good! Bay Lake is nice for it also. Enjoy!!!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

First time at port orleans for me as well. stayed at the caribbean beach resort last august. loved that but no fishing there lol

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYDAD
    does anyone know which or if any of the lakes are better for fishing?
    All of the lakes/steams/creeks are stocked with fish that will keep the water clean and eat insects. As has been noted, all fishing on property is catch and release. There have been rumors of giant bass in Bay Lake as well as other species. Good Luck, and hope you catch the "big one."
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I heard that all the fish have little Mickey ears on them... what a fine catch!! Just kiddig but that would be something that Disney would do if they could just find a way to keep the Ears on?? Hmmmm???