Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Keep it or Re-Book it in the Ask The Experts forums; All - I'm struggling with a decision and hoping you can help. I've booked a solo trip for the first week of August, staying at the Polynesian for the first ...
    mpd49 is offline A-Ticket holder

Keep it or Re-Book it

All - I'm struggling with a decision and hoping you can help. I've booked a solo trip for the first week of August, staying at the Polynesian for the first time and I'm very excited about it. However, I'm starting to have second thoughts with the heat and the crowds. I can easily re-book this for late Sept. If my only concerns are crowds and heat, should I re-book this? Are the crowds SIGNICFACNLY less, is the weather MUCH better? If I re-book this and the crowds are still bad and the temp still really hot, I'd just assume keep the Aug trip (because I don't want to wait another month). Thanks, sorry for the long post.

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Keep it or Re-Book it

September will probably be better. Plus, you can take advantage of the Free Dining promotion. The crowds will be lighter, the weather will be a little cooler, and, if you choose, you have the opportunity to attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. The Food and Wine Festival at Epcot is also going on.
    ~Ashleigh

mpd49 is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks for the input

lobaugo is offline B-Ticket Holder

If its really not a big deal to you to re-book to September, I think that would be the way I would go. I went in early October last year and you couldn't ask for better weather or crowds. I have also been at the world in late August and it was incredibly hot, but the crowds weren't that bad.

Brs197 is offline A-Ticket holder

I would definitely re-book it for September. I was just there last week with temperatures in the mid-90s and pretty large crowds. Never again! Previously, I've visited the World in late September and early December - both were much better. September is great, because the crowds really are lighter and the temperature is a little more tolerable. You also get the added bonus of the Halloween party or food and wine festival. Hope this helps!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I've been at Disney in both August and September and they are both very warm and humid especially for a Northerner. The week after Labor
    Day had always been one of the slowest however free dining has changed some of that. Disney also in the past closed some of the queue lines. Example: POC one side of loading dock open only, Space Mountain, one loading dock, Indy 2 loading instead of 3. So some times less crowds still lead to some equally long lines on a few attractions.

The sole reason if I were in your shoes today to choose Sept. would be:
    Free Dining Plan booking window extended to July 26!

Walt Disney World has extended the booking window for the free dining package to run through July 26. The offer is still available most nights from August 21 through October 3.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

TheAncientBahu is offline A-Ticket holder

Definitely re-book for end of September for all the reasons stated by others here.