Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss First Solo Trip - Suggestions? in the Ask The Experts forums; I just booked my first solo trip to WDW. I go about every other year with my wife and daughter, but have the opportunity this labor day weekend to go ...
    chriscut is offline A-Ticket holder

First Solo Trip - Suggestions?

I just booked my first solo trip to WDW. I go about every other year with my wife and daughter, but have the opportunity this labor day weekend to go it alone. I'll be there for two days with a park hopper....staying off property so I could justify the expense with the wifey. We usually go commando...even visiting all four parks in one day once (that was quite a long day!)

Any tips or suggestions for a first time soloist? I'm thinking of a day in MK and then hitting all the new/renovated attractions in the other parks on the other day.
    Last edited by chriscut; 06-21-2009 at 12:08 AM.

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: First Solo Trip - Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by chriscut View Post
    I just booked my first solo trip to WDW. I go about every other year with my wife and daughter, but have the opportunity this labor day weekend to go it alone. I'll be there for two days with a park hopper....staying off property so I could justify the expense with the wifey. We usually go commando...even visiting all four parks in one day once (that was quite a long day!)

Any tips or suggestions for a first time soloist? I'm thinking of a day in MK and then hitting all the new/renovated attractions in the other parks on the other day.
    I would say it depends on when you are going. If you're really lucky, it will me during one of Lou's "Meet of the Month" days. Those are always a blast!

When I am on my own, I focus on doing the things I like but often have to skip over for the sake of the group. Make sure you slow down and take in the details and the wonder of each park...look up, look down, read everything.

TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder

You can get a lot more done solo, if you have a good touring plan that is. There are quite a few single rider lines, which are usually walk on, like Test Track and Everest. I went Labor Day weekend last year, and the Magic Kingdom was open until 3 am, so that may be something to think about, you could get a lot done in one day with park hours that late. I agree with GalPal, when solo you can really slow down and soak in the details. Have a good trip!

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

chriscut is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks for the responses. I'll be getting in around noon on Sept. 4th and leaving around 10 a.m. on Sept. 7th. Definitely will be taking in some of the sites I've learned from listening to WDW Radio.

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder

Yes . . . solo trip. I would take the time to do some serious DSI work, myself. Those things that I always get yanked through or out of like "One Man's Dream."

One suggestion for your arrival day would be to get some Disney Magic by stolling around Downtown Disney in the late afternoon, then take the boat launch over to Port Orleans from DD and go catch the YeeHaw Bob show over at the lounge at the Port.

On the first day, I'd probably explore the studios, jump on a few attractions and get an early lunch at the Tune In Lounge. The bartenders are talkative (well, before the lunch crowd starts showing up and using the lounge as the waiting area), and you can get the Prime Time menu in a kitschey lounge atmosphere.

On the E Ticket attractions, the Single Rider line will be like your own dream Fastpass!

Have a terrific trip . . . I daydream about such an opportunity!
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

One tip- FP can be your friend! Also, single-rider lines for EE, RnRC, and TT. These help cut down on line waits significantly.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

DHI
    DHI is offline C-Ticket Holder

Lucky Duck.... Take in the smaller things... Do things you haven't done before... Take in some sites... Maybe even sign up for a tour! Great opportunity to take the Keys to the Kingdom tour I would think...
    Wishin' I was in the World

What will you CELEBRATE!