Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Touringplans.com in the Ask The Experts forums; Although Iíve heard Lou mention Touring Plans in past shows, I never visited the site until recently. There seems to be a lot of useful information available. Has anyone ever ...
    SteamboatWilly is offline A-Ticket holder

Touringplans.com

Although Iíve heard Lou mention Touring Plans in past shows, I never visited the site until recently. There seems to be a lot of useful information available. Has anyone ever used the site? How accurate is the free 30-day crowd level calendar? Is it worth paying $10 for other information that is posted? Thanks for your help!
    Off Property - 1984
    Off Property - 1986
    Contemporary - 1990
    Port Orleans French Quarter - 1992
    Port Orleans French Quarter - 1994
    All Star Sports - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
    Pop Century - 2009
    Boardwalk - 2010

Lover_of_Disney is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Touringplans.com

I use this site all the time to plan for my upcoming Disney trip. The website is a partner of sorts with the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. The Crowd Calendar is extremely accurate ... although the one for the full year is really not very accurate unless the day you're looking up is about within 90 days of the day you're looking at it. Unofficial Guide owners get the subscriber items for free ... but the website has a lot of stuff the book has, and the book is twenty dollars - this is only ten, plus the website has additional touring plans. So ... I would say that dishing out the ten dollars for a premium subscription is worth it.
    A dream is *WISH* your heart makes, when you're fast asleep.

Going to Disney this June of '10!

`~`A true Disney princes!`~`

monica31671 is offline A-Ticket holder

I'm a big fan of Touringplans.com!

Two thumbs up for Len Testa and the Unofficial Guide.

NicW is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by monica31671 View Post
    I'm a big fan of Touringplans.com!

Two thumbs up for Len Testa and the Unofficial Guide.
    So that's who Lou is making fun of on the podcasts. Oh. I really didn't get most of those jokes.
    Well, I've been an unofficial guide reader for years and can say that the book and touringplans.com has been a great asset to me and relieved many headaches in the past while trying to plan the 'perfect' disney vacation for our groups.

monica31671 is offline A-Ticket holder

You can check Len and friends out on WDWToday.com pod casts.

The web site has a page that explains some of their jokes about Lou - The Lou Mongello Page - WDW Today

Monica

hwork is offline A-Ticket holder

Hey folks,

Sorry for being shameless here, but we believe TouringPlans.com is a great resource for planning your trip. And we're always adding new features and improving the Crowd Calendar. The other day, we launched "Lines," a mobile wait times website for smartphones! See the announcement on our blog.

Please let me know if you have any questions or thoughts! henry AT touringplans.com

Best,
    -Henry

TouringPlans.com
    Last edited by hwork; 11-17-2009 at 05:40 PM.

lestat_de_leon is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by hwork View Post
    Hey folks,

Sorry for being shameless here, but we believe TouringPlans.com is a great resource for planning your trip. And we're always adding new features and improving the Crowd Calendar. The other day, we launched "Lines," a mobile wait times website for smartphone! See the announcement on our blog.

Please let me know if you have any questions or thoughts! henry AT touringplans.com

Best,
    -Henry
    I want to add that I find it just a good a deal to pick up the unofficial guide from amazon.com, and use that to get your touringplans.com subscription with the book. Great book, great site, and great iphone app.

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder

I listen to WDW today alot on the road with the laptop. Its shorter (lol)than LOu's podcast but not in depth like Lou's. They have 5 people usually on their panel 3 times a week and very up to date as in daily updates. They cover alot of" how to or save here" subject. Lou has been on there a couple times and I don't think a week goes by that they kid Lou on there (usually about his height)
    Lou put alot more in his podcast and I think Lou's is better. Its just like comparing apples to Oranges in some cases.
    I've been a subsciber to that calendar for 3 years and its been dead on everytime we go. If you listen to Tesla will even tell you how he does it. Its amazing..especially how he cons his sister into doing research.
    10/2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    05/2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    01/2013 Beach Club Resort
    11/2012 Saratoga Springs
    04/2012 Old Key West
    02/2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    12/2011 Downtown Disney Buena Vista Palace
    09/2011 Wilderness Lodge
    05/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    09/2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    05/2010 Bonnet Creek
    10/2009 Coronado/Old Key West
    05/2009 Saratoga Springs
    03/2009 Old Key West
    01/2009 Saratoga Springs
    11/2008 Offsite
    09/2008 Offsite
    05/2008 Caribbean Resort
    03/2008 offsite
    01/2008 offsite
    11/2007 off site
    05/2007 offsite

goofypal is offline Fastpass Holder

If you subscribe to the Allearsnet.com newsletter, you will also get the earsthedeal newsletter. Earsthedeal sometimes has a code for touringplans.com. I think you pay only 6.95 or 7.95.
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0