Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Price increase question in the Ask The Experts forums; My family and I are going to WDW for free dining in August. I know that Disney usually increases theme park admission prices sometime in August. If prices go up ...
    nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

Price increase question

My family and I are going to WDW for free dining in August. I know that Disney usually increases theme park admission prices sometime in August. If prices go up right before our dates, will we be charged the extra amount, or are the prices locked in when you book your vacation and already start making payments? I would assume that the additional difference is not added on to your total and prices lock in, but I could be wrong.... Anyone know for sure? Thanks in advance.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Price increase question

Whatever you pay when you book is what you pay - no added fees included! You can, however, apply discounts that might arise from when you booked until when you check in to save some money, but they would never randomly add anything because of a price increase.
    ~Ashleigh

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

Thanks!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

FYI, Disney has raised prices on the first weekend of August the past two years, but I wouldn't call that a "tradition". There is no way to know for sure, and Disney keeps its ticket price increases a closely guarded secret. Even the ticket brokers typically don't know until just beforehand, and the CMs find out when the computer is updated when the new prices are in effect.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news