Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss When can you make a reservation for the next year? in the Ask The Experts forums; I was just wondering this because I'd like to book a vacation so I can pay for it monthly until we go. Thank You all....
    kentgurgie is offline B-Ticket Holder

When can you make a reservation for the next year?

I was just wondering this because I'd like to book a vacation so I can pay for it monthly until we go. Thank You all.

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: When can you make a reservation for the next year?

I think you can reserve a room now for 2010, but disney won't guarantee the room rate until their 2010 rates come out. I reserved a room a few years ago before the next years' rates come out. Luckily they didn't change much at all and I had an AP.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

MagicMom is offline C-Ticket Holder

Historically, rates for the next year are announced some time in August. But like disneycrazy1956 said, you can book a pretty long way out, just no room rate guarantee.

Also, Disney Reward Visa cardholders who pay for their trip on the card get 6 months of interest free payments for the trip (it only includes the package, not any fun money). Just food for thought.

Have fun!

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

As everyone else said, room only can be booked pretty far in advance. Then as deals & packages come out you can change things up (here is where a good TA comes in handy).

If you can do it, another option would be to open a savings account, put the $$ in there every month & then collect the interest until you have to pay for the trip. If you are like me & have a hard time not spending it, set up the account w/an online bank (like ING) where it is a bit more work to get the $$. I find that keeps me honest, and over time the interest can add up.
    Zima-Cheryl